Quilting Labyrinth #2
I have started quilting Labyrinth #2. I’m starting by stitching in the ditch around all the major sections. Then I’ll free-motion the rest.
The quilting will be very similar to what I did in this Labyrinth #1.
Do you remember way back in March in this blog post when I told you I was working on a secret project for a table runner exchange and that the theme was “winter.” Well sadly, the table runner didn’t get finished in time for the exchange at the retreat. And sew … it’s still on my design wall …
Here is a picture of the table runners that were exchanged. Pretty neat, eh? I’m sorry to have missed the chance to have one of these made by wonderful quilting friends!
Did I, or Didn’t I …
Start another mystery quilt. I LOVE mystery quilts. I find that they stretch my skill level. I usually end up making something that I often wouldn’t have made if it wasn’t a mystery quilt.
Sew … as I was debating about making Tish’s Fireburst Mystery Quilt, another blogger, Carole, emailed me. She told me the mystery quilt currently in progress on her blog “From my Carolina Home.” The mystery is called “Square Dance”. It’s intriguing: the clues that have already been posted are “Do-si-do,” “Come down the Middle” and “Allemand Left.” She has 4 sizes to choose from … from table topper to king.
SEW … Now I have 2 mystery quilts to choose from. Oh me, Oh my … what will I do?
The temptation is pulling me to start 2 new quilts … but I will resist. I hope!
And there are 2 other quilt-alongs happening. Just in case YOU want to start a new project. These 2 Quilt-alongs have sponsors and will be offering prizes. Sounds great, don’t they? I would consider both of these, but my UFOs have priority at the moment.
- Plus Playtime Quilt Along @ mmm! quilts This is a plus quilt … And she shows 2 variations. One with a dark background and one with a light.
- Partners in Design Group are hosting a “Fall into a QAL.” I met several of the designers in the 2017 New Quilt Bloggers Blog Hop. If you go to Janda Bend Quilts, you can get all the details. Update: One of the designers, Kathleen, of Kathleen McMusing, wrote and told me that you can win prizes by just doing the blocks that you like … you don’t have to do the whole quilt. That is a pretty sweet deal! Are you going to join in?
PHD in 2018 Update
Fabric Used this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 149.6 yards
Fabric Added this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 27 yards
Net Fabric used for 2017: 122.6 yards
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- Peaceful Sunday @ Janda Bend Quilts or Linky Party
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- Moving it Forward Monday @ Em’s Scrapbag
- Main Crush Monday @ Cooking up Quilts
- Linky Tuesday @ Free Motion by the River