I have 3 August finishes. The quilt and the little zipper bag. I cannot show you the secret quilt because it has not been gifted. However, it is finished!!
It is September. How did that happen? I know it’s getting to be fall. Some of the leaves are starting to turn, the nights are cooler and the warm summer sun isn’t blistering hot. Anyhow, with fall arriving soon, that means that I have 4 months left to finish 6 UFOs and 2 projects that were started in 2018. Unless the fall is as crazy as August, I should be able to complete them.
Here are the links to the people participating in PHD in 2018. Go to their blogs and see what’s happening.
- Kate from “Life in Pieces” is working on a beautiful quilt … lots of 6 1/2″ blocks with 33 pieces in each block. I think that’s insane! I like quilts with little pieces … but 33 in a 6 1/2″ block???? But it will be beautiful!
- Ann from “Laughing Gas Quilts” has an awesome sense of humour. She’s been working on an Elizabeth Hartman quilt and parading around in her early morning attire! 🙂
- Emily from “the Darling Dogwood” has her son, affectionately called “Fire Monkey” helping her to assemble I spy quilts for Project Linus.
- Deena from Dreamworthy Quilts has a list of the projects she wants to get done. She is amazing – working on a ton of things. She recently completed a wonderful horse quilt top … it’s worth going to see what she’s working on!
- Roseanne, from “Home Sewn By US” is diligently working on her list!
- Elizabeth, from “Appliqué and …. knitting, stitchery, genealogy, food” has been packing … not sure if she’s moved yet.
- Terry, my cousin from Ontario, is progressing well! Her blog is TLC Quilts: Sew What’s Next?
- Susan, from California, is following along by Instagram. Go to her Instagram page to see her finishes.
Not a lot of changes. The same 4 projects are still in line. These are the projects I want to complete in September. Unless of course, I change my mind. There is several other projects on my UFO list … sigh …
- binding the table runner
- quilting the sudoku quilt (it is sandwiched)
- sandwich and quilt the flannel quilt (it is pieced)
- Fire burst mystery (next step is out!)
The secret quilt is finished and used 6 ¼ Yards of fabric. I did buy the backing (3 yards) and binding (½ yard), which got used right away, but was added to my “Fabric Added this Week” amounts.
- Fabric Used this week: 6.5 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 206.35 yards
- Fabric Added this Week: 3.5 yards
- Fabric Added this Year: 59.5 yards
- Net Fabric Used for 2018: 146.85
Check out what others in the quilting world are doing.
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Main Crush Monday @ Cooking up Quilts
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- Moving it Forward Monday @ Em’s Scrapbag
- Linky Tuesday @ Free Motion by the River
- Lets Be Social @ Sew Fresh Quilts
- Wait Loss Wednesday @ Inquiring Quilter
- I may have a Scrap Problem @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict