Irish Snails is done! quilted and bound. Unfortunately, it’s raining buckets outside and I took this picture with the quilt on the bed and I stood on a chair with the phone way above my head. Hopefully, it will be nice outside before it’s gifted and I can get a good picture of the whole quilt, a good close-up and one of the back.
The pattern is available from Yellow House Quilter
Good Fortune Mystery: by Bonnie Hunter.
Part 3 came out this week … Last week, Cynthia Brunz, of Quilting is More Fun than Housework, suggested I use a shade of purple. My purple stash is limited, but I went with her suggestion. I have a small number done and the rest is cut out and ready to sew. By the way: I always start giggling when I read the name of Cynthia’s blog … who can resist following a blog where priorities are in order? Not me!
If you want to see the progress of other’s working on the mystery – click HERE.
Decided to start with this baby quilt. I wanted a quick finish.
I did digitize the fox on the white blocks. That was a lot of fun to do. But … I’m new to digitizing and new to quilting with my embroidery machine … so there is a lot of learning happening:
- the fox would have shown up better if I had used a different stitch instead of a single one
- a different colour would have highlighted the fox.
However, it was an improvement over my first attempt and you can read about it HERE. I know at that time, I said I would finish it at work … that didn’t happen … I ended up buying a bigger embroidery machine and quilted all the foxes at home.
Only the fox was quilted with the embroidery machine. I’m doing a small stipple around the fox – hoping to make it “pop” more and a simple loop-d-loop in the other blocks.
Summary: One, only ONE UFO to be finished and ONE “Start in 2018” to be finished for my PHD in 2018.!!!! YEAH!!!!
Irish Snails (above) used 11.75 yards.
- Fabric Used this week: 11.75 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 275.85 yards
- Fabric Added this Week: 0
- Fabric Added this Year: 109.3 yards
- Net Fabric Used for 2018: 166.55 yards
- Caroline @ SewCanShe
- Tish @ Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland
- So Scrappy Saturdays @ So Scrappy
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- Moving it Forward Monday @ Em’s Scrapbag
- Linky Tuesday @ Free Motion by the River