Do you remember, WAY back in August, when I was a participant in Island Batik’s “Beat the Heat” Blog hop? I featured this quilt and fabric:
I also had a give-away of some of the left-over fabric. People were to answer the following questions:
- Do you love fall colours? Why or why not?
- What ideas do you have to make with this fabric?
- Why should YOU win this fabric?
- Have you sewn with Island Batik fabrics before?
I left 2 days later for a month long trip. I read the zillions of comments that came in, but with sketchy internet and no computer, I didn’t really have a way to pick a winner. Time went by, I was busy each day, enjoying our trip and I forgot about the contest. This morning, I was tidying up my sewing room and found the bag with the give-away fabric in it … realization HIT … boy … do I feel negligent!!! I have neglected to pick a winner – let alone send off the fabric.
SEW, I immediately went through the 35 comments and analyzed them. As a former university instructor, I analyzed them the same as if I was marking papers. If you didn’t answer all 4 questions – the comment was put in the “no” column. When I asked the question “Do you love fall colours?,” the answer could be yes or no. I just wanted to know. No extra points for either answer. I just wanted an answer. Anyhow, I couldn’t decide …
So I asked my trusty husband to make the decision. He read only the comments and didn’t have any names. The result was a tie!!!
It came down to 2 winners, both of them bloggers: Roseanne of Home Sewn by Us and Wendy Tuma of Pieceful Thoughts. One of them will get the package I prepared, the other will get a similar package. I need to go and prepare it. Once I have their snail mail addresses, I will make a trip across the border to mail the packages. (I believe they both live in the USA).
Thank you to everyone who participated!!!
Several projects are now in progress:
- Smith Mountain Morning
- 52 blocks in 52 weeks
- A secret project: the picture on the left just might be altered to be something secret. And yes, it is Island Batik fabric! from the line “Islander Batiks” 🙂
The squirrel from last week is about to be sandwiched:
This stack & Wack Star used 16 yards.
- Fabric Used this week 16 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 140.35 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 65.05
- Net Fabric used 81.30
- Husband’s Purchases 9.5
- January – Sept: 205 out of 231
- Oct: 13 out of 13
- Year-to-date: 228 out of 244 = 93%
(Reminder, I’m only counting days that I’m home.)
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
The Stack & Wack Star is finished!
I just have one more
I like to make lists at the beginning of the week, but I’ll still like up to Roseanne & Sue’s Home Sewn by Us on Tuesday.
Last week’s list:
- Design November’s Island Batik Challenge done
- Prep 2 blocks from 52 blocks in 52 weeks done Week 25 & 26 prepped
- Sew 2 blocks from 52 blocks in 52 weeks done Week 20 & 21 completed
- Finish at least 2 blocks from “Smith Mountain Morning” done 56 left to make
- the designer requests that we not put on the total # of blocks … so, I’m just telling you what I have left to make (and yes, I’m making it bigger than the pattern)
- Quilt “S&W Star” Quilt done
- Finish piecing “Squirrel quilt” done
- Start November’s Island Batik Challenge
- Prep 2 blocks from 52 blocks in 52 weeks
- Sew 2 blocks from 52 blocks in 52 weeks
- Finish at least 2 blocks from “Smith Mountain Morning”
- Quilt “Squirrel”
- Work on Secret project
The blue squirrel quilt was featured on Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Tish @ Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland
- So Scrappy Saturdays @ So Scrappy
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- Moving it Forward Monday @ Em’s Scrapbag
- To-Do Tuesday @ Home Sewn By Us
- Colour Inspiration Tuesday @ Clever Chameleon Quilting