Oh my! The retreat was a great time. They always are! So many different projects, so many ideas, so much help … so much food … and 2 people brought halloween jellies and candy corn … groan! … too much sugar … click HERE to see the slide show of other people’s projects.
SEW … What did I get done?
The squirrel quilt that took FOREVER to get sandwiched, is now quilted and bound! Yeah!
The blue quilt of the blue & pink squirrels got webbed, cut up and put back together.
I got 7 blocks of the 52 blocks in 52 week project done! All as leaders and enders.
Secret Project (IB-Dec) #3 … is now bound … you’ll see pictures in December!
Secret Project #4 just needs a few adjustments and you’ll see it in the near future!
What I didn’t get done – and it’s OK!
I know I took WAY more than I could even attempt to work on … but I’m happy with what did get done!
- November IB project didn’t get a stitch of quilting on it
- Smith Mountain morning got left at home – so it didn’t get webbed or borders put on it
- A French General layer cake that is a UFO in progress. The blocks need to be trimmed and webbed together
The Batik Winners from the Blog Hop in August
Both of the winners have recieved their fabric. Neither of them are obligated to post what they will do with the fabric. It was a free gift with absolutely NO strings attached! However, one of the winners, Roseanne, from Home Sewn by US, posted about the fabrics and what she might make with them. She plans to make a table runner and posted a few pictures of options. Venture over to her blog to vote on which table runner YOU think she should make! Her blog post is HERE.
- Smith Mountain Morning – all blocks are played out and ready to web. If you’re not sure how to web a quilt check out my blog post “Webbing a Quilt”
- Border on new Blue Squirrel
- Border on Pink Squirrel
- 52 blocks in 52 weeks …
November Island Batik Project needs quilting and binding
The little blue baby quilt is finished … I used around 2.5 yards of fabric. I also finished my December Island Batik and the backing was from my stash (6 yards). There was a pop-up shop at the retreat … with beautiful Tilda fabric … and I resisted and resisted and didn’t buy any fabric. Oh, but if you have a love for Tilda fabric, The Steam Trunk Craftworks sells it at a great price!
- Fabric Used this week 8.5 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 150.85 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 68.05
- Net Fabric used 86.8
- Husband’s Purchases 9.5
- January – Oct: 236 out of 262
- Nov. – 10 out of 10
- Year-to-date: 246 out of 272 = 90%
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
I like to make lists at the beginning of the week, but I’ll still link up to Roseanne & Sue’s Home Sewn by Us on Tuesday.
Last week’s list:
- Finish November’s Island Batik top (Secret Project #2) ¿ no progress: quilting
- Prep 2 blocks from 52 blocks in 52 weeks √ week 33-40 prepped
- Sew 2 blocks from 52 blocks in 52 weeks √ week 26 – 31 done
- “Smith Mountain Morning” ¿ no progress: web together
- “Blue Squirrel” – √ quilt & Bound
- Work on Secret project #1 √ some progress
- Finish quilting Secret Project #3) √ finished binding!
- Quilt Secret Project #2 (Nov IB challenge)
- Prep 2 blocks from 52 blocks in 52 weeks – 41 -42
- Sew 2 blocks from 52 blocks in 52 weeks – week 32 -33
- Smith Mountain Morning – Web together
- Complete Secret Project #4
Island Batik Blog Hop
“A Piece of … Blog Hop” is in progress! There are fabric giveaways each week. Follow the Rafflecopter link below to have a chance to win “Sand Bar” fabric. Isn’t it a pretty fabric line? I LOVE the dark teal/blue with the sand colours!
The fabrics featured in this blog hop are from the Summer 2019 line and will be in fabric stores SOON!!!
- Monday, November 11:
- Tuesday, November 12:
- Wednesday, November 13:
- Thursday, November 14:
- Friday, August 16
Blog Hop Round Up Week 2
- Monday, November 18:
- Tuesday, November 19:
- Wednesday, November 20:
- Friday, November 22:
Blog Hop roundup Week 3
If you haven’t visited last weeks’ blogs, the list below will take you directly to the blog post of the quilts. SEW worth visiting for the wonderful eye candy!
- Monday, November 4:
- Tuesday, November 5:
- Wednesday, November 6:
Thursday, November 7:
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Tish @ Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland
- So Scrappy Saturdays @ So Scrappy
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- What I Made Monday @ Pretty Piney Quilts
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- To-Do Tuesday @ Home Sewn By Us
- Colour Inspiration Tuesday @ Clever Chameleon Quilting