It is pouring outside. We are thankful it’s not snow. We’d be buried 10 feet deep if it was!
Years ago (and I mean YEARS ago), a friend asked me if I’d sew these blocks into pillow shams for her. Her mom had made them a quilt and intended to make shams out of the left-over blocks to match. Then dementia set in and her mom was unable to even attempt to finish them. I said “yes, I’ll finish them.” I bought the green fabric to do another border and the backs. (The green fabric was bought at Wild Rose in Orting, Washington a few years before they closed and they’ve been closed for about 4 years).
My friend’s mom died this summer and then guilt set in. I worked on the shams at the quilt retreat, but decided that I needed to quilt the tops and I didn’t have batting or backing to finish them there. SEW, I finished them this week. I used invisible thread and just quilted in the ditch. Nothing spectacular, but just perfect for the blocks!
It’s a relief to have them finished … I no longer have guilt about them sitting there not being done. And, they’re not even on my UFO list!
I was Featured
From the post about my gift for the quilt retreat. You can read about it HERE.
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Midweek Makers @ QuiltFabrication
- Wednesday Wait Loss @ Inquiring Quilter
- Muv / Free Motion Mavericks @ Lizzie Lenard Vintage Sewing
- Put your Foot Down @ For the Love of Geese
- Can I get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
- Finished or Not Friday @ Alycia Quilts
- Sherry @ Powered by Quilting
- Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty
- Off the Wall Friday @ Creations – Quilts, Art, Whatever
- Peacock Party @ Wendy’s Quilts and More
- TGIFF @ Chris Knit Sews