I did a quilt with curved piecing for my April Island Batik Challenge. I’m LOVING, yes, LOVING sewing curves now!!! Isn’t it amazing how, once you are competent at something you loathed, the relationship becomes a good one? You can read about this quilt in THIS POST.
Stay at Home Round Robin: The 2nd row, Pinwheels was put on last week. I’m currently working on “Arrows” for this week.
Guild Challenge: This week’s challenge is to make a heart quilt. People here are putting hearts in their windows … so I’m making a heart baby quilt … later, it can be donated … The top is done, but I’m having to be creative to piece the back!
I have a few quilts to quilt … All but the guild heart quilt are sandwiched.
- Guild heart quilt
- Elvira (2)
I’m linking up to Roseanne & Sue’s “TO DO” Tuesday. Their blog is “Home Sewn by Us.”
Last week’s list:
- Round Robin: add the next borders √ done
- Donation Quilt: √ done
- Sandwich Elvira #1 & #2 √ done
- Frolic: get the borders on!!!! NOT done
This week’s list:
- Round Robin: add the next borders
- Guild Heart Quilt: Sandwich & Quilt
- Masks: The Canadian health officials are now suggesting that people wear masks when out shopping or taking transit. Therefore, I will be making a few masks. At this time, I do not know which pattern I will be using. I do know that the mask will have 2 layers and the ability to insert a filter of some sort.
I completed the above quilt … 3.25 yards for the top and binding & 1.25 yards for the back … for a total of 4.5 yards
- Fabric Used this week 4.5 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 71 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 9.5
- Net Fabric used 61.5
- Husband’s Purchases 0
When I started this in January, I was aiming for at least 15 minutes /day. With social isolating, I am aiming for at least 30 minutes a day. And yes, on most days, it’s usually at least a few hours. But, I don’t want to put myself under pressure saying that I will do a few hours each day!
- 15 minute days: January – Mar. 90/91
- 15 min days/ April= 5/5
- Total days in 2020: 95/96
- Percentage = 98%
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
No UFOs finished since March. I did finish the Donation challenge quilt.
The Heart Quilt challenge is a new start. It will be done by Friday when I need to post a picture on Facebook.
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Main Crush Monday @ Cooking Up Quilts
- What I Made Monday @ Pretty Piney Quilts
- Stitchin’ Time @ Life in Pieces
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- To-Do Tuesday @ Home Sewn By Us
- Colour Inspiration Tuesday @ Clever Chameleon Quilting