This is a UFO from 2016. It was one that I listed as the top 12 to get finished this year. It was #6 on the list and I briefly talked about it HERE.
This quilt has Hobbs 80/20 batting and was quilted with Aurfil thread #2021. I echoed the 2 green elephants and the ‘ghost’ elephant up above. The echoing is very organic … and I didn’t need to worry about it always being the same distance apart! I was feeling very lazy and didn’t want to cut circles for the eyes … so I used my Inktense pencil to draw a blue circle & outlined it with black. After spraying it with water, I heat set them. They should stand up to many washings.Then there is stippling in each of the elephants.
Both the label and the binding is from Island Batik solid grey. This light grey was perfect for the quilt!
Winnie the Pooh Sew-a-long
Are you interested in a Winnie the Pooh Sew-a-long? Want to join me as I make this quilt? I emailed Lorna (the designer) about hosting a Sew-a-long and she said, “Sounds fine with me Gail! I would love to have you host a quilt along featuring them.”
SEW … I’m thinking of starting on Monday, June 8. That will give you (and me) 2 weeks to pull fabric or go shopping.
I’m thinking that if we do one character a day or every 2 days … we’ll be finished in just over a week. I’m not 100% sure, because I haven’t made any of them yet … I will see how long it takes me to make each face and then decide on the schedule. There are a LOT of pieces to cut. However, I do plan to start on June 8.
If you downloaded the pattern when it was first posted, it has been updated. Make sure you download the updated one … You can access the pattern HERE. (scroll down the page). There are 3 sizes to choose from. Your choice as to which size you choose.
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Midweek Makers @ QuiltFabrication
- Wednesday Wait Loss @ Inquiring Quilter
- Happy Needle and Thread @ My Quilt Infatuation
- Andrée / Free Motion Mavericks @ Quilting & Learning – What a combo!
- Put your Foot Down @ For the Love of Geese
- Can I get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
- Finished or Not Friday @ Alycia Quilts
- Sherry @ Powered by Quilting
- Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty
- Off the Wall Friday @ Creations – Quilts, Art, Whatever
- Peacock Party @ Wendy’s Quilts and More
- TGIFF @ Kathleen McMusing