On warm summer days, when the temperature is perfect and the kids come for a visit, I get NO sewing done. None, nada, not a stitch. And that’s OK … I really, really enjoy the kids company and we have fun! Sewing can wait … I do have deadlines, but they will hopefully be met. These days, I’m realizing just how precious time with the kids is!
It’s not a Race!
I had hoped to get the project(s) on the design wall well into the next stage … but it can wait. These are pieces of what’s happening. Can you guess what it will be? My Island Batik boxes arrived and so I immediately had to start on my July project.
I had hoped to sandwich the 2nd Dog/Cat quilt. But alas, that didn’t happen. My DH and I went through almost every box of fabric that I had and there was literally NOTHING that would work … so of course, I had to go shopping. I found the most PERFECT fabric for the backing! Hopefully sandwiching will happen soon! But, it’s NOT a race, right? It will get done when it gets done!
Dog/Cat Quilt #1 used 10 yards of fabric. You can see more details of this quilt HERE. I did need to buy backing for the quilt and so that added 3.5 yards to my fabric bought this year.
- Fabric Used this week 10 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 213 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 3.5 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 23.5
- Net Fabric used 189.5 yards
I am aiming for 30 minutes/day – at least! I switched from 15 minutes / day to 30 minutes/day in April! No stitchin’ on the 19th … ’cause it’s not a race!
- 15 minute days: January – June: 181 / 182
- 30 min days/ July: 18/19
- Total days in 2020: 197/ 200
- Percentage = 98%
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
I’m linking up to Roseanne & Sue’s “TO DO” Tuesday. Their blog is “Home Sewn by Us.”
Last week’s list:
- Quilt Dog/Cat #1 √ done
- Bind Dog/Cat #1 √ done
- Quilt Dog/Cat #2 xxx not done
- Bind Dog/Cat #2 xxx not done
- Spend at least 30 minutes this week CLEANING/ TIDYING my sewing room. √ done
- Work through another Artistic Digitizer lesson. xxx not done
This week’s list:
- Sandwich, Quilt & bind Dog/Cat #2
- Finish IB July project
- Work on IB December project as a leader & ender …
- Spend at least 30 minutes this week CLEANING/ TIDYING my sewing room.
- Work through another Artistic Digitizer lesson.
A few words about CLEANING/TIDYING
A few weeks ago, when I was Zoom quilting with my sister and cousins, one cousin says that she always cleans up when she finishes a project. I commented that by the time I finish one project, another is already started. She then said something like, “that doesn’t matter, I clean up from the finished project”. SEW … this past week, as projects were finished, I did tidy up from them. Left-over fabric was placed in appropriate bins, the pattern (if out) was put away. For Summer Solstice – this included putting all of the paper templates into the recycle bin. A quick vacuum and I was good to go! Thanks Connie for your words of wisdom and the encouragement to tidy!!!
What’s in the plans for the rest of July?
- July’s Island Batik challenge
- Unboxing video – of my July Island Batik boxes!!! I’m scheduled to show the video on July 27.
- Working on project for Christmas in July (Then and Now) Blog Hop
- Another Mystery Quilt!!! Cheryl from Meadow Mist Designs is hosting a mystery quilt. I haven’t had a peek – but if you hate not know where the quilt is going, she will give you a peek. The fabric requirements are up … With this mystery, she will be releasing a clue once a month, so it should be a nice leisurely mystery.
In the past week, I finished 1 ½ UFOs. I finished Summer Solstice (click HERE) and one of 2 Dog/Cat Quilts (Click HERE). But alas, there have been 4 new starts this month … and none of them are finished. Hopefully soon – but it’s not a race, right?
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Tish @ Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- 15 minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- What I Made Monday @ Pretty Piney Quilts
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- MCM @ Cooking Up Quilts
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- To-Do Tuesday @ Home Sewn By Us
- Colour Inspiration Tuesday @ Clever Chameleon Quilting