It’s August and kids are starting to get ready to go back to school … or not. At any rate, the stores have all their “back to school” sales on. Do you take advantage of these sales for your sewing room?
I do. Here are some of the products I use in my sewing room:
- A flannel back tablecloth is great for a design wall … especially if I’m going sewing somewhere besides in my home.
- Hair clips are great for clipping labels onto fabric
- Spray bottle for water (I always use a dry iron … and I spray the fabric if I want steam)
- Shelf liner … will hold your sewing machine foot in place, add it to the back of pincushions to prevent them from slipping around, and in a pinch, you can use a couple of pieces (3″x 3″) to place under your hands when you free motion quilt
- Hair ties – place them around the thread and the bobbin and you know which bobbin goes with which thread … plus it keeps the thread from unwinding
- Notebook with grid lines … for planning that next quilt and Pencil crayons to colour your quilt
- Mechanical pencils for fine lines (on the back of HST or to mark the centre of a block.
- Elmer’s School Glue … I use this a LOT … dilute it 4 parts water to 1 part glue and it’s perfect for gluing down binding or whatever needs to stay in place.
There’s probably a lot of other school supply and dollar store products that can be used for quilting. What do you use?
On the Quilting side of life
The first picture is a snapshot of the stitch in the ditch quilting I’m doing for the Carpenter’s Star. The 2nd picture is some of the border pieces cut out for the murder mystery UFO.
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Midweek Makers @ QuiltFabrication
- Wednesday Wait Loss @ Inquiring Quilter
- Happy Needle and Thread @ My Quilt Infatuation
- Muv / Free Motion Mavericks @ Lizzie Lenard Vintage Sewing
- Put your Foot Down @ For the Love of Geese
- Can I get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
- Finished or Not Friday @ Alycia Quilts
- Sherry @ Powered by Quilting
- Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty
- Off the Wall Friday @ Creations – Quilts, Art, Whatever
- Peacock Party @ Wendy’s Quilts and More
- TGIFF @ AnjaQuilts
- Tips and Tutorials on the 22nd @ Kathleen McMusing