Some of my followers ask why I link my blog post to other bloggers linky parties. Here’s why:
When I first discovered the wonderful Internet world of quilting, I was totally amazed, but found I was often just visiting the same sites. It didn’t help that I had no idea about Google or search engines or Pinterest or anything. And this was YEARS before I started my blog!
Then one day, I happened upon a blog where there was a Linky Party each week. I believe it was Judy Laquidara of Patchwork Times and her Linky Party was about what’s on your design wall. I found it was an amazing source and changed every week. Through the Linky Party, I discovered many blogs that I still follow today.
Also, during that time, she had a free quilt pattern. The challenge was to use a stripe fabric and scraps. I have no idea when Judy did this, but I finished it in 2009. This was the result:
And, I played with the stripes and made big big blocks for the back. That was fun!
Judy still blogs today, but not a lot about quilting. She talks about knitting (her current passion), canning, cooking, Instapot, her darling granddaughter and all sorts of interesting things! She just moved and talked about setting up her longarm … SEW … I’m hoping that she might quilt a few quilts and show us … I remember her work was amazing!
All of this to say … one day, when you’re looking for what people are currently working on … check out my links and take a look …
AND, this week … are you following Island Batik’s …
Inspired by Nature Blog Hop
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Midweek Makers @ QuiltFabrication
- Wednesday Wait Loss @ Inquiring Quilter
- Happy Needle and Thread @ My Quilt Infatuation
- Andrée / Free Motion Mavericks @ Quilting & Learning – What a combo!
- Put your Foot Down @ For the Love of Geese
- Can I get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
- Sherry @ Powered by Quilting
- Off the Wall Friday @ Creations – Quilts, Art, Whatever
- TGIFF @ Faith and Fabric
- Finished or Not Friday @ Alycia Quilts
- Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty
- Peacock Party @ Wendy’s Quilts and More