Now that some self-imposed deadlines are met, I feel like I’m catching up.
I haven’t mentioned this project before. Our guild decided to do the “Connected Project.” A fun project where it connects various guild members together. We’re not suppose to know what the finished block is like and although I’ve seen a Youtube videos, I don’t know exactly what my block will look like. The idea is that we are divided into groups of 8. Each of us is given a paper pieced block (with various options from simple to complex) and we make the block in the colours that are chosen by my group mates. It was fun to go through my scraps and use some of them up! I can’t show you yet … but I will show you what I’ve done when I’m allowed to.
On the right is s a picture of the scraps of fabric left after I cut the blocks into their finished sizes.
Below is the 7 envelopes all ready for the mail. AND, they are nestled into a UFO that is NOT even on my list. It was just sitting there when I was looking for something to show off the envelopes. OH my … how many more UFOs will I find when I’m not even looking for them???
If you look closely at my PHD list, you’ll see “connected” is not considered “Finished.” I have done my part for now. I’ve got 7 envelopes from other quilters that I get to open Dec. 1. Then I’ll be putting my block together.
In my last post (HERE), I showed you a B&W photo of a hanging sleeve using a blind hem. One lovely person asked if either Kathleen or I had a tutorial on it. Well, Kathleen, the very smart quilter that she is, has a tutorial on it. You can check out her blog post HERE. While you’re visiting Kathleen, check out her tons of tutorials. Well worth the visit!
You can find details of the mystery quilt HERE. I’m all caught up. This is November’s clue.
Inspired by Nature Blog Hop
This week you have the opportunity to win a fat quarter bundle of Venetian Marble or Tiki Punch! Both are wonderful collections!a Rafflecopter giveaway
After Quilt: This term is new to me … but I completely understood it when I heard it. It’s those bits and pieces that are left over when you finish a quilt. SEW … I’m going to be working on an After Quilt.
Scrappy 4 patches: This is in the same state that it was last week. It hasn’t moved off the design wall.
Nothing happening … yet
A sad week in this department. A local quilt store was closing their doors … with some good sales. When I went, everything was 65% off. Can’t complain about that! One good thing: a quilting friend was right behind me in line … we chatted up a storm and the wait went quickly then!
Here’s a picture of the damage. My husband was with me when I bought the first pieces of John Deere fabric and he “ordered” me to buy more (6.5 yards). He has a plan for them … of course I’ll be doing the sewing! The blue with white polka dots is for backing baby quilts (4.5 yards). A total of 11 yards will be added into Fabric Added this year.
And yes, I bought some quilting rulers, glass head pins in a tin, and (2) 4 yard zippers by Annie (with zipper pulls).
- Fabric Used this week 0 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 279.5 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 61.5 yards (my husbands amounts as well)
- Net Fabric used 229.0 yards
- Husband’s purchases: 17 yards (which are added into my total amount of Fabric added this year). For those of you who don’t know … my husband often buys more fabric than I do … so, I’m keeping track!
I’m aiming for at least 30 minutes a day.
- January – Sept: 290 / 304
- 30 min days/ Nov: 22 / 22
- Total days in 2020: 312 / 325
- Percentage = 96%
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
I’m linking up to Roseanne & Sue’s “TO DO” Tuesday. Their blog is “Home Sewn by Us.”
Last week’s list:
- Secret project #3 : finish quilting, bind and photos √ done
- Work on UFO (Scrappy 4 patches) (to flimsy stage) not done
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes. √ done (did this when Secret Project #3 was complete and I could put all the stuff away!)
Even though I didn’t get my Scrappy 4 patches to flimsy stage, I did get a couple of things completed that weren’t on the list:
- Connected Project
- Morewood Mystery
This week’s list:
- Work on UFO (Scrappy 4 patches) (to flimsy stage)
- Work on an After Quilt
- Make Pillow Cases with John Deere fabric
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
No UFOs finished.
Eekes … I didn’t add the UFO that my envelopes are nestled in … perhaps it’ll be a finish next week!
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Tish @ Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- 15 minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- Scrappy Happy @ So Scrappy
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- Main Crush Monday @ Cooking Up Quilts
- To-Do Tuesday @ Home Sewn By Us