Way way back in September, I told you about a 13 year old gal that was making her first quilt. I was very impressed!!! You can read about it HERE. And, here is a picture from September when she was measuring for the border. But, do you remember that she cut out this quilt with scissors??? No rotary cutter! Totally amazing!
Anyhow Christina finished the quilt and gifted it to her sister and new brother-in-law. I’m totally amazed at the job she did!!! She’s a pretty fantastic quilter!!! Here’s a few pictures of her with the finished quilt.
In this first picture, Christina is standing on a bench and using antlers to help hold up the quilt. It’s a BIG quilt!
Here’s a close-up of the straight line quilting she did …
And Christina with her younger sister … I think the smiles speak for themselves!
And one of Christina, modeling how warm and cozy the quilt is!
Aren’t you in awe??? I certainly am!!!
Fantastic work, Christina!
Mystery Quilt: Holiday Seclusion
Between December 26 and the 31st, I will be posting a mystery quilt here on my blog. I’m calling it “Holiday Seclusion” but the quilt itself will not be holiday specific (unless you use holiday fabrics). It will be an easy quilt to put together during this time. It will be 43″ x 43″, but you can expand it to be bigger if you want.
Just so you can go shop your stash … here are the fabric requirements for the 43″x 43″ size: The column on the left is for scrappy and the column on the right is for a 2 fabric quilt.
|Using Scraps||2 Fabric Quilt|
|Background: 1.5 yards||Background: 1.5 yards|
|Scraps: 1 to 1.5 yards (depending on the scraps)||Alternate fabric: 1 yards|
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Midweek Makers @ QuiltFabrication
- Wednesday Wait Loss @ Inquiring Quilter
- Happy Needle and Thread @ My Quilt Infatuation
- Andrée / Free Motion Mavericks @ Quilting & Learning – What a combo!
- Can I get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
- Finished or Not Friday @ Alycia Quilts
- Sherry @ Powered by Quilting
- Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty
- Off the Wall Friday @ Creations – Quilts, Art, Whatever
- Peacock Party @ Wendy’s Quilts and More
- TGIFF @ Anja Quilts