Just to remind you … SAHRR is Stay At Home Round Robin. If you missed the previous posts about this year’s SAHRR – you can see them
- Centre block
- Round 1 Piano Keys
- Round #2 Plus Signs
- Round #3 Flying Geese
- Round #4 Checkerboard
- Round #5 Wonky Stars
- Round #6 Log Cabins
Today is the day that I tell you to add pinwheels. If you take a close look, you will see that I changed my log cabin layout from last week. (See HERE). I put 4 of them together to make a diamond … It helped to make the quilt longer and not square. I really like the look!
For the Pinwheels, I used the Accuquilt die # 4 of the 8″ Cube set. I wanted the half-square triangles to be bigger than the ones in the stars. It worked! Since I was working with awesome Island Batik Fabric, I didn’t have to worry a lot about bias!
I will be adding 6″ white borders onto the top and bottom and 3″ white borders onto the sides.
Again, I continued to use a variety of fabrics from Island Batik’s Ohana collection. I hope I have enough scraps to bind it! It’s getting close!
Make sure to visit all of the other co-leaders. Here’s their links:
- Chris @ Chrisknitssews
- Emily @ The Darling Dogwood
- Anja @ Anja Quilts
- Roseanne & Sue @ Home Sewn by Us
- Wendy @ Pieceful Thoughts of My Quilting Life
- Susan @ Quilt Fabrication
SAHRR Linky Party
Here is a Linky Party to link your flimsy. MARK you calendars for March 29th !!! I will have a linky party for everyone to show their final quilts or tops!
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Tish @ Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland
- So Scrappy @ Scrap Happy
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- 15 minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- Frédérique @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
- Table Scraps Runner / Topper @ The Joyful Quilter
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- To-Do Tuesday @ Chris Knits