On Saturday, it was International Quilt Day. Time to hang out a few quilts … It was a bit windy and rainy, but all of the quilts are washable!! And they actually didn’t get too wet!
Zoom quilting with my sister and one cousin dropped in for a chat! Both my sister and I worked on quilting our quilts. In the afternoon, I played with green fabric. I have a green table topper / runner challenge to meet this month. On the right is a picture of the back … Amazingly, I managed to finish it this evening!
Would you believe that I’m NOT piecing anything at the moment? What is wrong??? I guess I’m just concentrating on getting some UFOs done. However, I have plans for an Island Batik project and haven’t even pulled fabric for it yet … and I can’t tell you what it’s going to be, because it’s a secret!
SAHRR is in the process of being quilted!!!
I finished the T-shirt quilt. Between the backing, the hanging sleeve and the binding, I used over 12 yards of fabric!
You can read more about this quilt HERE.
- Fabric Used this week 12 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 30.5 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 9 yards (my husbands amounts as well)
- Net Fabric used 21.5 yards
- Husband’s purchases: 0 yards (which are added into my total amount of Fabric added this year). For those of you who don’t know … my husband often buys more fabric than I do … so, I’m keeping track! Unfortunately, he doesn’t sew!
I’m aiming for at least 30 minutes a day.
I have stitched for over 30 minutes each day
- January – February – 59 / 59
- March – 21 / 21
- Percentage = 100 %
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
Chris from ChrisKnits is hosting it “To Do” every week. You can check out her blog HERE.
I accomplished everything on my To Do List!!!
- Get Echo Lake T-shirt quilt finished. √ done
- Sandwich SAHRR √ done
- Borders on Healthcare Hero’s Mystery (this is for the guild …) NOT done
- Arrange Speed Dating top ? in progress ….
- Work on Salt and Sand project! √ done
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! √ done
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ done I did a major clean up and vacuum!!! There were little pieces and bits of T-shirts everywhere! And I trimmed up all the left-over t-shirts into squares or retangles for cleaning rags or whatever … they are being sent up to the camp with the T-shirt quilt.
This week’s list:
- Finish SAHRR
- Borders on Healthcare Hero’s Mystery (this is for the guild …)
- Start putting Speed Dating top together
- Make Table Runner for the Scrap Challenge – green this month
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
Another UFO completed … but there are a few new Starts that need to be completed.
What’s coming up on the blog in March and April?
Salt and Sand Blog Hop … This project is done and ready for the hop. My day is Friday, March 26 ! Visit THIS BLOG to see a list of this week’s participants.
March 29 – SAHRR parade … there will be a linky party for all the SAHRR quilts
And … I’m ready for the March challenge!
In April, there’s the “In the Kitchen” blog hop happening!!
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- So Scrappy @ Scrap Happy
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- 15 minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- Frédérique @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- To-Do Tuesday @ Chris Knits
- Colour Inspiration Tuesday @ Clever Chameleon Quilting