I had a fun day today, sewing and chatting with other Island Batik Ambassadors. It’s certainly fun getting to know each other! To discuss what we’re working on, what concerns us, and what’s new!
Last week, I said that I had nothing on my design wall. Well, that wasn’t exactly the truth … I just had nothing NEW on the design wall … I did have the pieces from the class “Speed Dating with Improv.”
And, they have changed a bit … they are now sewn into a block and need borders.
As we were taking the course, Krista (the instructor) told us to think of a story to help with the assembly. Some of the ladies had fabulous stories and you could see it in their quilt layout. Me? I couldn’t think of a story. On a Zoom chat, (as this was being assembled, someone suggested that I had an apple in the middle. OK … I guess so, if you use your imagination … So, the final title of this little sampler might just be, “Maybe it’s an apple?” OR … what do you see in this sampler? PLEASE tell me …
My April Island Batik challenge is being quilted. (Sorry – no pictures until April
The SAHRR is finished and although the top is all Island Batik, the back was from my stash … so that used 4.5 yards of fabric. You can read about it on tomorrow’s post!
- Fabric Used this week 4.5 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 35 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 9 yards (my husbands amounts as well)
- Net Fabric used 25 yards
- Husband’s purchases: 0 yards (which are added into my total amount of Fabric added this year). For those of you who don’t know … my husband often buys more fabric than I do … so, I’m keeping track! Unfortunately, he doesn’t sew!
I’m aiming for at least 30 minutes a day.
I have stitched for over 30 minutes each day
- January – February – 59 / 59
- March – 28 / 28
- Percentage = 100 %
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
Chris from ChrisKnits is hosting it “To Do” every week. You can check out her blog HERE.
I accomplished everything on my To Do List!!!
- Finish SAHRR √ done
- Borders on Healthcare Hero’s Mystery (this is for the guild …) √ done
- Start putting Speed Dating top together √ done
- Make Table Runner for the Scrap Challenge – green this month √ done and posted about HERE.
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! √ done
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ done
This week’s list:
- Finish quilting and binding April Island Batik Project
- Start A&A’s quilt
- Sandwich Healthcare Hero’s Mystery (this is for the guild …)
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
I will post more about PHD in 2021 on Wednesday with a linky party for YOU!
What’s coming up on the blog in March and April and May?
Tomorrow!!!!! March 29 – SAHRR parade … there will be a linky party for all the SAHRR quilts
And … I’m waiting to find out what colour April will be! Then I’ll think about a table runner!
In April, there’s the “In the Kitchen” blog hop happening!!
Doesn’t this sound like a fun fun, FUN blog hop??? And … I just might have an idea of what I’m going to do!