The 1st Blog Hop is …
Island Batik’s Quilt Modern … Just look at these beautiful fabrics!!!! I’ve had a sneak peak at some of the creations and believe me, you are in for a treat …
I believe there will be a draw for some fabric, but we haven’t received any information yet … so stay tuned!
and here are the participants …
The 2nd Blog Hop is …
Born to be Wild Blog hop starts this week! Here’s the list of participants. I’m sure if you follow each of them, you’ll find some awesome eye candy.
My day is Friday, so be sure to come back and see my creation(s) then!
May 17thCreatin’ in the Sticks
Homespun Hannah’s Blog
Just Sew Quilter
Just Because Quilts
For The Love Of Geese
Elizabeth Coughlin Designs
Life in the Scrapatch
Sewing Up My Fabric
Ms P Designs USA
Patchouli Moon Studio
Hill Valley Quilter
Stitchin At Home
Sew Many Yarns
Becky’s Adventures in Quilting and Travel
That Fabric Feeling
Words & Stitches
Just Let Me Quilt
Days Filled With Joy
Vicki’s Crafts and Quilting
Lianne Makes Stuff
Food for Thought
#1 Follow your own path: You can get directions HERE.
4 sets of arrows are made!
#2 A New Start: Bunny fat quarters.
I am testing a new pattern of mine … using Bunny fat quarters … I don’t want to show any pictures yet as I might do this as a mystery quilt. Is anyone interested?
#1 Speed Dating still needs a facing. “Story-less Improv.”
#2 Thailand Batiks is ready to be quilted!
I FINALLY finished the “Born to Be Wild” project … which you will see on Friday!
And … I did go shopping at Essem (I wrote about the store HERE) and bought lots of backing fabric … 15 yards in total … the blue on the top is actually backing my “Healthcare Hero’s quilt.” It is the PERFECT colour for the quilt! I was actually very pleased because I had been procrastinating making the back for this quilt … now I know why!
- Fabric Used this week 3 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 45 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 15 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 24 yards (my husbands amounts as well)
- Net Fabric used 21 yards
- Husband’s purchases: 0 yards (which are added into my total amount of Fabric added this year). For those of you who don’t know … my husband often buys more fabric than I do … so, I’m keeping track! Unfortunately, he doesn’t sew!
I’m aiming for at least 30 minutes a day.
I have stitched for over 30 minutes each day
- January – April– 120 / 120
- May: 16 / 16
- Percentage = 100 %
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
Chris from ChrisKnits is hosting it “To Do” every week. You can check out her blog HERE.
Again, I did not focus on my “To Do” list … but a couple of things got done.
- Follow Your Own Path: work on next step √ done
- Thailand Batiks: Sandwich top √ done
- Healthcare Hero’s Mystery:
Make backingbacked with purchased fabric √ done
- Speed Dating: Add facing not done
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! √ done
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ done
This week’s list:
- Follow Your Own Path: complete top
- Thailand Batiks: Quilt … and maybe bind?
- Healthcare Hero’s Mystery: Maybe start quilting
- Red Scraps Tablerunner: Come up with a design
- Speed Dating: Add facing Gail: quit procrastinating!!!
- Bunny Fat Quarters: finish cutting out the quilt
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Tish @ Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland
- So Scrappy @ Scrap Happy
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- 15 minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- Frédérique @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- To-Do Tuesday @ Chris Knits
- Colour Inspiration Tuesday @ Clever Chameleon Quilting