I have almost finished my July Island Batik challenge and here is a close-up of the progress. I’m using Aurifil #2600 (Dove) quilted on Island Batik Coconut and using Silly Moon’s “Twinkle” ruler. There are 2 layers of Hobbs 80/20 to make those stars pop!
#1 Town Table Topper: This panel will be a table runner … and yes, it is that curved! One of the main reasons that I highly dislike panels … they are NOT straight! And fudging is the main focus of putting them together! It is a UFO that is headed to the Finish line!
#1 Island Batik July’s project: in progress
#2 Amish panels: put into one quilt top, sandwiched and ready to quilt. (I decided that this is it … no more borders …)
No shopping, no buying … nothing finished … well, I did finish this panel, but I didn’t buy the fabric and I didn’t use any of my stash … so it doesn’t count.
- Fabric Used this week 0 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 69 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 24.75 yards (my husbands amounts as well)
- Net Fabric used 44.25 yards
- Husband’s purchases: 0 yards (which are added into my total amount of Fabric added this year). For those of you who don’t know … my husband often buys more fabric than I do … so, I’m keeping track! Unfortunately, he doesn’t sew!
I’m aiming for at least 30 minutes a day.
I have stitched for over 30 minutes each day
- January – May– 150 / 150
- June – 20 / 20
- Percentage = 100 %
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
Chris from ChrisKnits is hosting “To Do” every week. You can check out her blog HERE.
- Summer Mystery Quilt: still waiting for the testing to be completed and double check fabric amounts
- Amish Panels: sandwich and prepare for quilting √ done
- Essem Panel: finish quilting and deliver it √ done
- July IB project: work on it √ done
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! √ done
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ done
This week’s list:
- Finish July Island Batik project.
- Finish piecing Town Table Topper
- Start quilting Amish Panel
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
I was Featured
Tish, the Madd Quilter from Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland featured this quilt … Thank you, Tish for the feature!
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Tish @ Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland
- So Scrappy @ Scrap Happy
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- 15 minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- Frédérique @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- To-Do Tuesday @ Chris Knits
- Colour Inspiration Tuesday @ Clever Chameleon Quilting