I’m really enjoying our lovely summer days! It’s cooling off at night – so I think the weather is lovely! However, it’s so tempting to spend a LOT of time outside! The garden needs weeding, the tomatoes are ready for picking – almost every day!
I finished my latest project for Island Batik! You can read more about it HERE. This wall hanging used Hobbs 80/20 batting, Aurifil thread, Schmetz needles and of course, Island Batik fabric!
Are you following along with the Summer Mystery Quilt? You can see the latest clue HERE.
#1. August Island Batik project: Moving right along!
#2. Country Panels: No work on it this week!
#1 Amish panels: Lots of quilting done … not quite finished.
I didn’t need any more fabric this week and I only finished my Island Batik project which used 1 yard of fabric for the backing.
- Fabric Used this week 1 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 70 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 27.75 yards (my husbands amounts as well)
- Net Fabric used 42.25 yards
- Husband’s purchases: 0 yards (which are added into my total amount of Fabric added this year). For those of you who don’t know … my husband often buys more fabric than I do … so, I’m keeping track! Unfortunately, he doesn’t sew!
I’m aiming for at least 30 minutes a day.
I have stitched for over 30 minutes all days this past week.
- January – May– 180 / 180
- July – 11 / 11
- Percentage = 99 %
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
Chris from ChrisKnits is hosting “To Do” every week. You can check out her blog HERE.
I did work on a few projects and was not distracted by squirrels! And the studio got a cleaning for 30 minutes! However, I think that I need to spend more than 30 minutes this week – but I’m going to leave my To Do list at 30 minutes! ~grin~
- Work on Country Panels: not done
- Work on IB August project √ done
- Start quilting Amish Panel √ done
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! √ done
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ done
This week’s list:
- Add sashing to Country Panels
- Finish IB August top
- Finish quilting Amish Panel
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
No further finishes. I started my August Island Batik project.
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- So Scrappy @ Scrap Happy
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- 15 minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- Frédérique @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
- Wednesday Wait Loss @ Inquiring Quilter
- Happy Needle and Thread @ My Quilt Infatuation
- Andrée / Free Motion Mavericks @ Quilting & Learning – What a combo!
- Put your Foot Down @ For the Love of Geese
- Can I get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
- Sherry @ Powered by Quilting
- Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty
- Off the Wall Friday @ Creations – Quilts, Art, Whatever
- Peacock Party @ Wendy’s Quilts and More
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- To-Do Tuesday @ Chris Knits