I was away on holidays … did a bit of sewing then, but most of it is secret sewing … so no pictures.
#1. Secret Sewing: Island Batik
#2 Secret Sewing: BBQG mystery quilt
#2. Scrappy Improv … another variation of the hot air balloon quilt
#1 November Island Batik project is being quilted
I was in Edmonton while I was away … Lori’s Country Cottage had a 40% sale on selected fabrics … I did not behave myself … It was fun to be in a fabric store … it was fun to shop … here’s a picture of the damage ….
I could justify each purchase … the fabrics on the left were for one of the guild’s mystery quilts and the fabrics on the right were all flannels … necessary for backings …
- Fabric Used this week 0 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 99 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 12 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 39.75 yards (my husbands amounts as well)
- Net Fabric used 58.25 yards
- Husband’s purchases: 0 yards (which are added into my total amount of Fabric added this year). For those of you who don’t know … my husband often buys more fabric than I do … so, I’m keeping track! Unfortunately, he doesn’t sew!
While away, I managed to sew for 5 days … and for 6 days, I did not sew.
- January – August – 235 / 242
- Sept – 20 / 26
- Total: 255 / 268
- Percentage = 95 %
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
Linda from Texas Quilt Gal is now hosting “To Do” every week. You can check out her blog HERE.
The last To Do list: (from weeks ago)
OK … so I had over 2 weeks to accomplish my To Do list – a little bit of everything got done!
- Finish quilting Island Batik’s November project Partially done!
- Finish 3rd Project from Scrappy Improv Partially done!
- Work on Island Batik’s December project Partially done!
- Write the directions for the guild’s Fall Mystery quilt √ done
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! √ done
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ done
This week’s list:
- Finish quilting Island Batik’s November project
- Work on 3rd Project from Scrappy Improv
- Work on Island Batik’s December project
- Quilt Secret Sewing BBQG mystery quilt #1
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
PHD in 2021
I have 2 Table Scraps for this month … First is my table runner and 2nd is the coaster.
This Table runner was made with scraps of Island Batik fabric … mostly from the Autumn Wings collection. Quilted with Aurifil thread, Hobbs Batting and Schmetz needles.
This coaster was made with a free pattern from Kreative Kiwi … Island Batik fabrics, Hobbs Batting and made in the hoop on my embroidery machine.