On Monday and Tuesday, a bunch of us met at Essem Textiles to play and explore Inktense Pencils. If you’ve never used Inktense – it’s worth giving it a try. They are like pencil crayons with water soluble ink in them. You can colour on fabric and use water, aloe vera or a textile medium to bring out the vibrant colours.
Below is what I worked on. It’s a free drawing from Helen Godden and is the Christmas 2019 project. My plan is to finish “painting” it and then follow Helen’s Youtube videos for the zen-doodling quilting.
While we were at Essem, a bunch of ladies from the Chilliwack guild stopped in the store. You’ve seen a lot of their SAHRR center blocks HERE … and it was fun to meet them in person!
Kate, from Life in Pieces, is hosting “Stitching Stuff” and the goal is to sew for at least 15 minutes a day. I use Kate’s guideline, but my personal goal is to sew for 30 minutes a day. On those “blah” days, it does motivate me to sit at my machine and 30 minutes often turns into several hours. Thank you Kate for the motivation!
- January 1-16 – 16 / 16
- Total: 16 / 16
- Percentage =100%
Donna at Quilt Paint Create hosts a weekly linky party where you can display your stash.
This meme is still true! No fabric has been bought … at least not yet! No change in what I’ve used!
- Fabric Used this week 0 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 1.5 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 0 yards
- Net Fabric used 1.5 yards
Linda from Texas Quilt Gal is now hosting “To Do” every week.
The To Do list last week:
- SAHRR: Finish Round 2 & work on Round 3 √ DONE
- Work on Polar Bear Plunge: get the top done √ DONE
- Work on Tickled Pink √ DONE
- Work on Island Batik January Project √ DONE
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder! √ DONE
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ DONE
This week’s list:
- Finish Round 3 & start Round 4 of SAHRR
- Sandwich and Quilt Polar Bear Plunge
- Work on Tickled Pink
- Finish Island Batik January Project
- Finish Macaron Mystery – January clue
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
There are a few things on my Design Wall and there is a couple of things I can show you …
#1 SAHRR is in progress … You can read about it HERE.
But I can show you my center block with Round 1 added.
#2 Polar Bear Plunge: This is for a blog hop in January … it should be fun! Of course, I can’t show you until the blog hop!
#3 Tickled Pink: This is for a blog hop in February … and again, I can’t show you until then!
#4 … Macaron Mystery Quilt
I’ve got some of January’s clue done … still have more to do …
Island Batik, January challenge is being quilted.
One New Start … no finishes. I did pull the fabrics for the February Island Batik challenge – does that count as a new start? And I started the Christmas wall hanging.