Seen on Facebook:
OK … 7 months of the year have passed … how are you doing on your PHD??? If you look at the Chances of Success – at what stage are you at? Only you can change your chances! What are you going to do?
I’m between “I THINK I CAN” and “I AM” depending upon which UFO I’m think of.
I finished ONE UFO this month. The UFO blog hop was definitely the push I needed to get it done! You can read about it HERE.
And the Squirrel Quilt is finally finished! It’s not a UFO, but it is a “Start in 2022” finish! It was a fun quilt to quilt … wild quilting or graffiti quilting … All of the fabric came from my stash!
The Tally Sheets
Here is an Excel File for you to use (if you want).
And here is the link where you can find the colourful Task Sheet at Ms P Designs.
The Linky Party
Show us your PHD in 2022 Progress!
New Classes this Fall
I pieced 2 tops that I will be teaching at Essem Textiles in the fall. Essem is going to do edge to edge quilting on them. I must admit, it felt VERY VERY weird to hand over quilt tops for someone else to quilt. I have never done that before! Ever. I have always quilted my own quilts.
The fabrics for both of these quilts are available at Essem. The one on the left is a fat quarter bundle and the one on the right is an assortment of grunge.
The dates for the classes have not been decided – yet. But, if you are interested in either or both quilts, let Essem know. And, if you have a preferred date, let them know that as well!
Kate, from Life in Pieces, is hosting “Stitching Stuff” and the goal is to sew for at least 15 minutes a day. I use Kate’s guideline, but my personal goal is to sew for 30 minutes a day. On those “blah” days, it does motivate me to sit at my machine and 30 minutes often turns into several hours. Thank you Kate for the motivation!
- January – July: 178 / 211
- August: 0 / 0
- Total: 178 / 211
- Percentage = 84%
Donna at Quilt Paint Create hosts a weekly linky party where you can display your stash numbers. This has really kept my stash from growing (somewhat!) Before I buy anything, I am always mindful of the fact that I need to report it on my blog … That sometimes stops me in my tracks!
The Squirrel quilt (above) used 9.5 yards from my stash.
I bought 2.25 yellow flannel for a backing
- Fabric Used since the last report 9.5 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 62 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 2.25 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 14 yards
- Net Fabric used 48 yards
Linda from Texas Quilt Gal is hosting “To Do” every week.
The To Do list from the last report:
It’s been 3 weeks – so it’s not surprising that I got everything done!
- Finish Island Batik Christmas in July quilt. This HAS to be my priority!!! No more procrastinating on “how do I quilt this?” √ DONE and posted HERE
- Sandwich 3 Yard Quilt √ DONE
- Quilt Squirrel Quilt √ DONE
- Work on August Island Batik Marvelous Mini project √ DONE
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder! √ DONE
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ DONE
This week’s list:
- Start piecing Island Batik’s September project
- Quilt: 3 Yard Quilt
- Work on project for “See Ya Later” Blog Hop
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
Donna, at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts, host a linky party for “What’s on your Design Wall” every week.
- September Island Batik Quilt
- Summer Mystery Quilt: I will be hosting a mystery quilt here on the blog … I’m in the process of writing the pattern and sewing it. When it’s almost ready, I’ll announce the dates and all the details. This is slow going because I’ve been focusing on other projects
- “See Ya Later” Blog Hop
- 3 Yard Quilt. needs to be quilted. And, since I have a plan for the quilting, it doesn’t have to languish waiting for me to decide on how to quilt it!
Upcoming Blog Hops
- See Ya Later, Alligator is hosted by Creatin’ in the Sticks
- Get on board with sewing is hosted by Melva Loves Scraps
- Queen of Gadgets is hosted by Just let me Quilt
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- So Scrappy @ Scrap Happy
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- Frédérique @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
- Sew and Tell @ Melva Loves Scraps
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- Monday This and That @ Days Filled With Joy
- To-Do Tuesday @ Texas Quilt Gal