I finished the 3 yard quilt. (Remember I started it when my cousin, Connie, was here visiting!)
I quilted it with Silly Moon “Beanie” rulers. (I LOVE their rulers). My plan was to do a Baptist fan over the whole quilt. Well, uh, I changed my mind and just did the Baptist fans in the border. On the rest of the quilt, I used the 4″ Beanie and did circles which made orange peels. I liked the finished look! Would you believe that the backing is actually a dark dark brown? It certainly doesn’t look like it in the pictures! I used Glide thread “wheat” and Hobbs 80/10 batting.
This quilt is from a pattern called “Dream Weaver” from the book “Quick as a Wink 3-Yard Quilts.” It was a quick and fun quilt to piece … however, when I went to put on the binding, I realized that the instructions called for 1.25″ binding. I obviously wasn’t thinking straight when I cut the red fabric for the binding. I ended up with strips of 1.25″ and I wasn’t about to make binding with it. And this quilt was definitely NOT calling for a flange binding! I didn’t have enough of the red fabric left, so I went to my stash and found the darker beige fabric. The moral of this story is to THINK about what you’re cutting and don’t just follow the directions!
Kate, from Life in Pieces, is hosting “Stitching Stuff” and the goal is to sew for at least 15 minutes a day. I use Kate’s guideline, but my personal goal is to sew for 30 minutes a day. On those “blah” days, it does motivate me to sit at my machine and 30 minutes often turns into several hours. Thank you Kate for the motivation!
- January – July: 178 / 211
- August: 14 / 14
- Total: 192 / 225
- Percentage = 85%
Donna at Quilt Paint Create hosts a weekly linky party where you can display your stash numbers. This has really kept my stash from growing (somewhat!) Before I buy anything, I am always mindful of the fact that I need to report it on my blog … That sometimes stops me in my tracks!
I finished the 3 yard quilt … 3 yards for the front, 3 for the back & half a yard for binding …
- Fabric Used since the last report 6.5 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 68.5 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 14 yards
- Net Fabric used 54.5 yards
Linda from Texas Quilt Gal is hosting “To Do” every week.
The To Do list from last week:
- Sandwich Island Batik’s September project √ DONE
- Quilt: 3 Yard Quilt √ DONE
- Work on project for “See Ya Later” Blog Hop √ DONE
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder! √ DONE
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ DONE
This week’s list:
- Quilt Island Batik’s September project
- Finish dealing with scraps from Island Batik’s September project (can’t let them go to waste!)
- Work on project for “Get on Board with Sewing” Blog Hop (I have a plan!)
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
Donna, at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts, host a linky party for “What’s on your Design Wall” every week.
- Work with scraps from Island Batik’s September project
- Work on project for “Get on Board with Sewing” Blog Hop
- Island Batik’s September project (sorry no picture!)
Upcoming Blog Hops
- See Ya Later, Alligator is hosted by Creatin’ in the Sticks
- Get on board with sewing is hosted by Melva Loves Scraps
- Queen of Gadgets is hosted by Just let me Quilt
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- So Scrappy @ Scrap Happy
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- Frédérique @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
- Sew and Tell @ Melva Loves Scraps
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- Monday This and That @ Days Filled With Joy
- To-Do Tuesday @ Texas Quilt Gal