I received a 2.5″ strip pack from Island Batik awhile back … It’s such a beautiful collection … and I debated long and hard about what to make with it! It’s so pretty with the purples, oranges, golds, neutrals and blues!
I decided to go with a simple partial log cabin. The hardest part was deciding where each block should go!
Here are some close-ups of the graffiti quilting! I really enjoy quilting whatever I feel like! It’s so much fun! And, to be totally honest, it’s perfect when the quilt front is busy! And, it’s fast! I used Aurifil thread for the quilting and Hobbs 80/20 is in the middle!
This week’s class
This week, at Essem, I taught how to use an Easy Angle Ruler to make this quilt: (same block, different layouts.)
The ladies made a great start on their quilts! The quilts are going to be so different and each will be stunning!
A New Start #1
Have you ever made a Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt? I’ve made several in the past! But for the last few years, I haven’t made one. However, that is going to change this year! I’m going to make the Chilhowie mystery quilt! The first clue came out today and you can access it HERE.
I just might have enough Island Batik scraps to make this quilt! Are you going to join me in making this?
This quilt finishes at 78″ x 78″. If you don’t want to make one that big, just make half of the units that Bonnie suggests.
A New Start #2
Helen Godden, an excellent quilter and teacher is offering a FREE Christmas sew-a-long. If you want to improve your free motion quilting and only spend a few minutes each day – this is a project for YOU! You can access the pattern HERE. Then, starting Dec. 1, watch a daily youtube video on how to quilt it!
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Midweek Makers @ QuiltFabrication
- Wednesday Wait Loss @ Inquiring Quilter
- Happy Needle and Thread @ My Quilt Infatuation
- Andrée / Free Motion Mavericks @ Quilting & Learning – What a combo!
- Put your Foot Down @ For the Love of Geese @ True Blue Quilts
- Can I get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
- Finished or Not Friday @ Alycia Quilts
- Sherry @ Powered by Quilting
- Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty
- Off the Wall Friday @ Creations – Quilts, Art, Whatever
- Peacock Party @ Wendy’s Quilts and More
- TGIFF @ Slice of Pi