The Mystery Quilt is well on it’s way!!!
This is a super simple mystery quilt! It is my own design. I designed it for the Boundary Bay Quilt Guild, but I’m going to be sharing it with YOU as well!
This quilt will finish at 43″ x 53″
There are 8 clues. They will all come out on Tuesdays, starting October 18.
- Oct 18: Clue #1: Fabric Requirements and Cutting HERE
- Oct 25: Clue #2: HERE
- Nov 1: Clue #3 HERE
- Nov 8: Clue #4 HERE
- Nov 15: Clue #5 This Post
- Nov 22: Clue #6 HERE
- Nov 29: Clue #7
- Dec 6: Clue #8
- Dec 13: Mystery Quilt Parade
This week’s class
I will be teaching this table runner at Essem on Wednesday. I believe there is still room for one more. You can register for it HERE. This table runner will take you into the freeing world of slightly abstract and each table runner will be unique.
Kate, from Life in Pieces, is hosting “Stitching Stuff” and the goal is to sew for at least 15 minutes a day. I use Kate’s guideline, but my personal goal is to sew for 30 minutes a day. On those “blah” days, it does motivate me to sit at my machine and 30 minutes often turns into several hours. Thank you Kate for the motivation!
Lots of stitching in the past week!
- January – October: 258 / 303
- Nov: 27 /27
- Total: 285 / 331
- Percentage = 86%
Donna at Quilt Paint Create hosts a weekly linky party where you can display your stash numbers. This has really kept my stash from growing (somewhat!) Before I buy anything, I am always mindful of the fact that I need to report it on my blog … That sometimes stops me in my tracks!
The backing for this quilt used 4 yards of fabric. You can see details of this quilt HERE.
Fabric: Island Batik Citified collection, FMQ with Aurifil thread, Hobbs 80/20 batting in the middle!
But I did go shopping. I stopped in at Castle’s Sewing Centre and just HAD to buy some of their Island Batik fabrics! I bought 1 meter of each! Aren’t they just beautiful???????
- Fabric Used since the last report 4 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 90 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 6 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 29.5 yards
- Net Fabric used: 60.5 yards
Linda from Texas Quilt Gal is hosting “To Do” every week.
The To Do list from last week ago:
- Work on and Finish a UFO (a wallet) not DONE
- Work on Melodic Mystery Quilt – and fix all the mistakes! not DONE
- Make December Spicy BOM √ DONE
- Web Spicy BOM √ DONE
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder! √ DONE
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ DONE
This week’s list:
- Work on and Finish a UFO (a wallet)
- Work on Melodic Mystery Quilt – and fix all the mistakes!
- Finish Clue #1 Chilhowie
- Quilt Spicy BOM
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
Donna, at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts, hosts a linky party for “What’s on your Design Wall” every week.
- Melodic Mystery Quilt: November clue is done … but I still haven’t fixed my previous mistakes. It’s not too late for you to start … the clues are at Meadow Mist Designs.
- Chilhowie – Clue #1 in progress
- Extra fabric from Citified
Spicy BOM is waiting!
Upcoming Blog Hop
Creatin’ in the Sticks: Sew It – Show It: Shades of Blue (January)
Island Batik‘s December’s Lone Star Blog Hop
Coming in 2023!
I’ve had a few emails … and yes, Some blogging friends and I will be hosting a Stay at Home Round Robin, starting mid January!
AND … to help you reduce your UFOs, there will be the PHD in 2023!
More info on both these events to come in December!
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- So Scrappy @ Scrap Happy
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- Frédérique @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
- 15 Minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- Sew and Tell @ Melva Loves Scrap
- Monday Musings @ Songbird Designs
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- Monday This and That @ Days Filled With Joy
- To-Do Tuesday @ Texas Quilt Gal