If you need more information on the SAHRR … you can go to THIS POST.
Here is my centre block. The birds and the flowers were cut with Accuquilt dies that I borrowed from our guild’s die collection. (Go! Birds and Rose of Sharon). This piece is 9.5″ x 12.5″. I will do the applique stitching when I quilt it. I used Island Batik fabrics from the Baby Bloomers collection (by Kathy Engle for Karen Overton) and solid white. I initially used the Baby Bloomer fabrics for a Lone Star Quilt you can see HERE.
Now, you Need to go to the co-hosts blogs and see their center blocks! Their links are in the schedule below.
- January 23: 1st Round: Roseanne & Sue @ Home Sewn by Us Centre block: Roseanne & Sue
- January 30 : 2nd Round: Wendy @ Pieceful Thoughts of My Quilting Life Center block: Wendy
- February 6: 3rd Round: Chris @ Chrisknitssews Centre block: Chris
- February 13: 4th Round: Anja @ Anja Quilts
- February 20: 5th Round: Emily @ The Darling Dogwood
- February 27: 6th Round: ME!!! @ Quilting Gail
- March 13: Parade – showing all of your finished SAHRRs!
Show us your Center Block!
The link is open from now until Saturday night!
If you do not have a way to join the linky party, email me your photo by Sunday noon, and I’ll post it on my blog the following week. (email@example.com)
Roseanne & Sue will tell us what to do. Make sure you follow their blog, Home Sewn by Us .
Relax … this is easy … and it’s only one round each week!
Our Wonderful Sponsors
We will be drawing for prizes from our sponsors after the March 13 Parade.
Here’s a list of the sponsors and their generous gifts!
- Island Batik 3 fat quarter bundles
- Hobbs batting Queen Size Wool Batt
- Aurifil Thread Colour Builder: (3) 50 wt Milan Grey spools
- Prairie Spirit Alpacas 12″ x 18″ Alpaca /Wool pressing mat
- Oliso Mini Iron – your choice of colour!
- Fat Quarter Shop $25 gift certificate
- and MORE!!!!