I believe the guild Garage Sale was a success. I got rid of a LOT of stuff! It was great! I was very happy to only bring a small amount home!
I also was able to donate about 10 quilts to the baby quilt and comfort quilt guild charities! That also freed up a bunch of space!
As my dear hubby was helping to load the car, he gently told me that perhaps I might not want to bring home as much stuff as I took! I had to laugh, as I had absolutely NO intention of shopping at the garage sale …
However, when things are staring you in the face, you HAVE to shop! The blue fleece was at the table next to me and after an hour, I broke down and bought it. It will back 2 baby donation quilts. And the ruler handle … oh yes, the ruler handle. Whenever I’m at a retreat with Patti, she always has a long ruler with a fantastic handle on it. I gravitate to that ruler and absolutely LOVE the extra stability the handle adds. So, of course, I HAD to have it!!!
Now … to get things back in order in my sewing studio!
Overhauling the Craft Room
For awhile this past week, my studio looked WAY worse than it did when I first posted pictures … but that’s OK … sometimes, you have to make a mess to clean up, right? Anyhow … here is the progress this week:
Here’s Before and After pictures of the same spaces!
It looks a little cluttered behind the sewing machine on the right … but that’s my leader & ender project … and it’s allowed to stay there – ready for sewing! Yes, several rulers hang behind this machine.
Another area … The bags on the floor were emptied and things put away. The sandwiched quilts and various other things are in appropriate spots. Finally, there is a permanent home for my Accuquilt … with the Island Batik scraps ready for cutting … much better than putting it away all the time!
My quilting area … the SAD light stays and the laptop gets moved so I can view whatever as I’m quilting or zoom quilting or ??? Another leader and ender project ready when I piece on this machine and the area is clear for quilting. So, hopefully, I won’t quilt spare pieces of fabric into the back of whatever I quilt!
All that is left is my ironing board, cutting table and computer desk! GROAN …. but I will work on them …
Kate, from Life in Pieces, is hosting “Stitching Stuff” and the goal is to sew for at least 15 minutes a day. I use Kate’s guideline, but my personal goal is to sew for 30 minutes a day. On those “blah” days, it does motivate me to sit at my machine and 30 minutes often turns into several hours. Thank you Kate for the motivation!
I missed 3 days of sewing this week. Two because I was getting ready for the garage sale and one on the day of the garage sale …
- January – Mar: 90 / 90
- Apr 1 – 24: 21/24
- Total: 111 / 114
- Percentage =97%
Donna at Quilt Paint Create hosts a weekly linky party where you can display your stash numbers. This has really kept my stash from growing (somewhat!) Before I buy anything, I am always mindful of the fact that I need to report it on my blog … That sometimes stops me in my tracks!
Finishing this baby quilt used 2.5 yards of fabric.
- Fabric Used this week 2.5 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 32.25 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 2 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 6.25 yards
- Net Fabric used 26 yards
Linda from Texas Quilt Gal is hosting “To Do” every week.
The To Do list a week ago:
- Quilt & Bind at least 2 more Baby Quilt Panels only 1 done
- Work on Foodie Blog Hop project not done
- Finish going through the Fabric and Project containers. √ DONE
- Work on May Island Batik challenge. not done
- Clear at least one more surface in the sewing studio. √ DONE
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! not done
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ DONE
Here’s the UFO Baby Quilt I finished.
This week’s list:
- Quilt & Bind at least 2 more Baby Quilt Panels
- Work on Foodie Blog Hop project
- Clear Cutting Table and Ironing Board for Craft Room Overhaul
- Work on May Island Batik challenge.
- Work on Pop Star Quilt
- Work on Squirrel Attack Quilt (see below).
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
Donna, at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts, hosts a linky party for “What’s on your Design Wall” every week.
1. Foodie Blog Hop: These fabrics are from my stash. You’ll just have to wait until May 24th to see what is happening with this fabric!
2. A Squirrel Attack: As I was going through my containers … I found left-over strips from a jelly roll quilt … well, they spoke very loudly to me and said, “USE ME NOW.” Well, I have learned that it’s usually worth listening to fabric when it speaks to you. This is one half of them and there will be sashing added between the rows.
3. I have started Sandra Walker’s Pop Star Quilt … Sandra is a fabulous designer and I absolutely LOVE making her quilts. This one is a sew-a-long … Each week, there are directions on what to do. I have chosen some Island Batik fabrics and they are cut out and waiting. The first sewing directions are available … so I need to work on it. You can access the steps at MMM Quilts HERE.
I still have several baby quilts left to quilt!
Since I have several baby panels to quilt and last week I counted 2 as 1 UFO. I’m going to continue that. It’ll be at least another week or 2 before I get another one finished! So the only change is that I’ve added my new starts.