Winnie the Pooh Quilt A Long
Here’s my quilt … all quilted …
There are swirls in all of the white (background) areas as well as the sashing and borders. Then on the heads, I used a ruler and quilted ½” lines. The quilting threads matched the fabric – or was a close match.
Here’s a close-up of Eeyore:
And, as I posted this picture, I realize that I need to quilt the white of his eyes. The weird area on the right grey part is just the shadow from taking this picture while the wind was blowing!
Thank you for sewing along on this Quilt Along! If you’ve kept up, you now have a wonderful Winnie the Pooh Quilt top!
Here is a Linky Party for you to show your Winnie the Pooh quilt. You don’t need to have a blog to post a picture. But you do need a link to either an Instagram or Pinterest page. I’d LOVE to see all the quilts that you’ve made!
I made a bunch of “DOVE” bags (simple drawstring bags) and some masks. I’ve changed the pattern that I use for masks … my son’s girlfriend asked if I could replicate a mask she really likes … sew, I used it as a pattern, added a seam allowance and viola! They’re a LOT faster to make and there’s no fiddling with those fussy pleats.
Summer Solstice: I’m back to thinking about working on my Summer Solstice quilt. These are pictures from March and February … sew … I need to sew, not just think about it.
Nothing being quilted right now!
No shopping. Dove bags used up about 1 yard of fabric and the masks used up about 1/2 yard … Winnie the Pooh used 5.5 yards from my stash. Stitchin’ Sunshine used 2 yards for the back. (See HERE).
- Fabric Used this week 9 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 190.5 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 20
- Net Fabric used 170.5 yards
I am aiming for 30 minutes/day – at least! I switched from 15 minutes / day to 30 minutes/day in April!
- 15 minute days: January – May: 151 / 152
- 30 min days/ June: 21 / 21
- Total days in 2020: 172/ 173
- Percentage = 99%
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
I’m linking up to Roseanne & Sue’s “TO DO” Tuesday. Their blog is “Home Sewn by Us.”
Last week’s list:
- Finish Winnie the Pooh √ done
- Finish “Stitching Sunshine” √ done You can see the quilt HERE.
- Prepare materials and make “Retreat” Bag. √ done I’ll show you the bag in a future post.
- Spend at least 30 minutes this week CLEANING/ TIDYING my sewing room. √ done
This week’s list:
- Work on UFO, Summer Solstice
- Finish watching a video on how to digitize an In the Hoop Zipper Pouch.
- Make a Zipper pouch from my own digitized design.
- Spend at least 30 minutes this week CLEANING/ TIDYING my sewing room.
I did start # 27 in Starts in 2020 and I finished it. I will show you in a future post!
No UFOs are finished …
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- 15 minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- What I Made Monday @ Pretty Piney Quilts
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- Main Crush Monday @ Cooking Up Quilts
- To-Do Tuesday @ Home Sewn By Us
- Colour Inspiration Tuesday @ Clever Chameleon Quilting