Roseanne (top left), Anja (bottom left), me (top right) and Emily (bottom right) got together by zoom to choose the winners. We had the list of participants, the linky parties they joined, the list of prizes and a random number generator! It was fast, fun and great to “meet” each other!
Not all winners have responded to me (I contacted them either in their email, blog comments or IG accounts) and they have until Monday evening to do so. If we haven’t heard from them by then, then we will be drawing for more winners. Here is who I’m waiting to hear from: (please email me at email@example.com). Thank you! All other winners have been notified.
- Janice from Sing Read Sew.com
- Laura Kate – Daily Fiber Fun
- Diann at Little Penguin Quilts
If you know Janice, Laura Kate or Diann, please tell them to contact me! Thank you!
One Gift a Month Challenge
Days Filled with Joy is hosting this challenge. March’s gift is a Round Quilted Pot Holders. See HERE for the tutorial. And no, I haven’t started to think about what fabric I’m going to use!
Now that March is almost over … I’m sort-of wondering if I’ll make this gift? I made 2 in February – so does that count? LOL!!!
Kate, from Life in Pieces, is hosting “Stitching Stuff” and the goal is to sew for at least 15 minutes a day. I use Kate’s guideline, but my personal goal is to sew for 30 minutes a day. On those “blah” days, it does motivate me to sit at my machine and 30 minutes often turns into several hours. Thank you Kate for the motivation!
- January – February: 59/ 59
- March: 26 /26
- Percentage: 100%
Donna at Quilt Paint Create hosts a weekly linky party where you can display your stash numbers. This has really kept my stash from growing (somewhat!) Before I buy anything, I am always mindful of the fact that I need to report it on my blog … That sometimes stops me in my tracks!
In the last 2 weeks, I’ve used 6 yards for the bargello quilt, 12.5 yards for the free motion ruler quilting quilt. and 2 yards for the “Little Green Apples”
No further fabric purchases since my last report;
- Fabric Used the past 2 weeks: 20.5 yards
- Fabric Used in 2023: 51.5 yards from non-IB: 20
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 3 yards
- Net Fabric used: 48.5 yards
Just an FYI: I do not count any fabric that is given to me (Island Batik), but this year, I am going to count it as fabric used.
To Do Tuesday
Carol from Quilt Schmilt is hosting “To Do” every week.
The To Do list from last week: I didn’t get a lot ticked off on my list … maybe this next week!
- Quilt Melodic Mystery. Not Done
- Quilt Gardenia. Not Done
- Quilt Chilhowie Not Done I started this – did a short demo of wild quilting at a guild function.
- Quilt Bird Panels. Not Done
- Quilt Nutcracker Not Done
- Start April IB project. √ DONE
- Finish Mystery Quilt (making and writing). Not Done
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ DONE
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder! √ DONE
This week’s list:
The purple text items are my priority. If I get beyond those, I’ll be extremely happy!
- Pack for the upcoming retreat!
- Quilt Melodic Mystery.
- Quilt Gardenia.
- Quilt Chilhowie
- Quilt Bird Panels.
- Quilt Nutcracker
- Finish April IB project.
- Finish Mystery Quilt (making and writing).
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
Judy, at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts, hosts a linky party for “What’s on your Design Wall” every week.
- April IB project. in progress …
- ??? Maybe start May IB challenge
- ??? Maybe start June IB challenge (The fabric in the last photo)
Quilting: These are all sandwiched and ready to quilt …
- Melodic Mystery
- Chilhowie – started
- Bird Panel
Upcoming Blog Hops
Moose Stash Quilting: Sew It – Show It: Say What? (my day is April 19)
Island Batik May Challenge
Just Let Me Quilt: Rose Colored Glasses (May)
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- So Scrappy @ Scrap Happy
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- Frédérique @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
- 15 Minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- Sew and Tell @ Melva Loves Scraps
- Monday Musings @ Songbird Designs
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- Monday This and That @ Days Filled With Joy
- To-Do Tuesday @ Quilt Schmilt