This little bag is made with 2 pieces of fabric that I got from the Trend-tex tour I took. It is a DrEAMI project. A Drop Everything And Make It. Sandra, from MMM Quilts hosts a DrEAMI linky party each month. You can see all of the DrEAMI projects HERE.
I can relate to this! I’m sure you can as well! (From All Free Sewing) Although I would change the word “sewing” to “quilting!”
Fun in the Sewing Room
My cousin Connie had never used an Accuquilt. When we were at Quilt Canada, she bought fabric just for this quilt. I gave her a 30 second tutorial and she proceeded to quickly cut it out, using the Glorified Nine Patch die. Then the sewing began. She was amazed at how easily the curves went together with perfectly cut pieces. Before she headed home, she had borders on (but I didn’t get a picture of it at that stage.) Didn’t she do a marvelous job?
Kate, from Life in Pieces, is hosting “Stitching Stuff” and the goal is to sew for at least 15 minutes a day. I use Kate’s guideline, but my personal goal is to sew for 30 minutes a day. On those “blah” days, it does motivate me to sit at my machine and 30 minutes often turns into several hours. Thank you Kate for the motivation!
This week I’ve been doing more “unsewing” than sewing … but it still counts, right? And, I’ve been gallivanting around with my cousin, so that has cut into sewing time.
- January – May: 119 / 150
- June 1 – 27: 22 / 27
- Total: 141 / 177
- Percentage = 79%
Donna at Quilt Paint Create hosts a weekly linky party where you can display your stash numbers. This has really kept my stash from growing (somewhat!) Before I buy anything, I am always mindful of the fact that I need to report it on my blog … That sometimes stops me in my tracks!
The fabric for the zipper pouch was not added into my “Fabric Added this Year,” so I’m not going to count it as “Fabric Used this Year.”
- Fabric Used since the last report 0 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 53.5 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 11.75 yards
- Net Fabric used 41.75 yards
Linda from Texas Quilt Gal is hosting “To Do” every week.
The To Do list from last week:
- Finish both Island Batik Catalogue quilts and Hanging Sleeves added √ DONE
- Make something … but I’m not sure what! √ DONE (made the little zipper pouch)
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder! √ DONE
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ DONE
This week’s list:
- Mail Island Batik Catalogue quilts to California.
- Work on 3 Yard Quilt
- Quilt Squirrel Quilt
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
Donna, at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts, host a linky party for “What’s on your Design Wall” every week.
The 2 Island Batik catalogue quilts (that I can’t show you for MONTHS!) are finally done! Picking out stitching from one of them took several days! Connie and my husband helped a LOT!!! Once it was out, I was able to quickly quilt it with non-rayon Aurifil thread and the results are amazing.
- 3 Yard Quilt. Connie kept talking about 3 yard quilts that her guild did. I looked at one of her patterns, cut it out and started sewing … Here are the fabrics I’m using (from my stash)
2. Summer Mystery Quilt: I will be hosting a mystery quilt here on the blog … I’m in the process of writing the pattern and sewing it. When it’s almost ready, I’ll announce the dates and all the details.
- Squirrel is sandwiched and I have a plan for the quilting!
Island Batik Blog Hop
Have you been following the latest Island Batik Blog Hop? With quilts featuring the New York Beauty pattern? It’s been quite a variety of wonderful quilts!
I posted mine on June 6 … you can read about it HERE. Here’s links to the blogs that will be posting this week:
Opportunity to win!
You can win a fat quarter bundle of Winter Wonders or Woodcut Blossoms … both wonderful collections! Just follow the prompts in the Rafflecopter giveaway below.
By the way – one of my blog followers from Saskatchewan one a fat quarter bundle on the first draw of this hop – so it IS possible for YOU to win, too!a Rafflecopter giveaway https://widget-prime.rafflecopter.com/launch.js
Some of my followers tell me that the Rafflecopter doesn’t work for them … if that’s you, go to Island Batik’s blog and enter there.