How are you doing with your PHD in 2021?
Are you feeling overwhelmed with the number of UFOs? Try just taking one UFO and focus on it. Perhaps write down all the steps you need to do to complete it. Even if the list is LONG … tackle the first step. I promise that you will feel much better about it! Then later, or tomorrow, tackle the next step. Pretty soon it will be done!
My PHD tally hasn’t changed a lot. Well, no UFOs are finished, but quite a few of the Starts in 2021 are completed. I’ve been working a LOT of my November Island Batik challenge. I am SEW glad that I started early! It’s taking a LOT of time and a LOT of concentration. You’ll see why in November.
Link up and show us your PHD in 2021 Progress.
My Favourite Quilt this month!
GROAN …. How do I choose which quilt is my favourite when I think I made 3 fantastic quilts? I know I’m biased … but I LOVE each one of these quilts!
This month, I had a DrEAMi … (Drop Everything And Make it) This was a pattern from Sandra Walker (from Musings of a Menopausal Melon) and after seeing that several people made it … I just HAD to. The pattern is “Let Your Star Shine.” You can get the pattern from Sandra’s Etsy shop: HERE. It is a pretty quick quilt to make!
A NEW Blog Hop
Kelly Young has a AWESOME new book that has just been published. She is having a blog hop starting later in September. This book is fantastic! There are 22 mini quilts and they are SEW easy to make.
If you check out Kelly’s blog, My Quilt Infatuation she has an overview of the book HERE.
I have made one mini quilt for the blog hop and am in the process of making another for myself. I will show it to you after the blog hop is over. I don’t want to ruin the surprise of all the mini quilts that you will see during the blog hop.
I must say that this book is really well written! (I have my own copy!) The directions are easy to follow and there are a ton of fun projects to make!
If you live locally, Essem Textiles has the book in their store.
I will be teaching classes of projects from this book in October at Essem Textiles. Dates are TBA.
Rainbow Scrap Table Topper
The monthly table topper is run by So Srappy. The colour for August was aqua. I wanted to try a paper pieced Storm at Sea block … so that’s what I made! It’s 15″ square. Made with Island Batik fabrics, Hobbs fusible batting and Aurifil Dove thread.
#1. November Island Batik project
It’s being paper pieced, and the project is a secret … but I can show you this …
#2. Second project from Scrappy Improv … which I can’t show you until after the blog hop
Nothing at the moment!
The backings from the 3 “favourite” quilts this month, plus the aqua table topper were all from my stash and totalled 11 yards.
- Fabric Used this week 11 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 99 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 27.75 yards (my husbands amounts as well)
- Net Fabric used 70.25 yards
- Husband’s purchases: 0 yards (which are added into my total amount of Fabric added this year). For those of you who don’t know … my husband often buys more fabric than I do … so, I’m keeping track! Unfortunately, he doesn’t sew!
I’m aiming for at least 30 minutes a day. Many days there are more than a few hours spent in my studio. We were away this past weekend, so there was 2 days that I did not sew.
- January – July – 209/211
- August – 26/29
- Total: 235 / 240
- Percentage = 98 %
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
Chris from ChrisKnits is hosting “To Do” every week. You can check out her blog HERE.
The last To Do list: (from weeks ago)
OK … so I had 2 weeks to accomplish my To Do list. I kept the list light because I want some more time to enjoy the summer! Consequently, it was easy to get it done. I’m keeping this week’s list light as well!
- Piece and Quilt Let Your Star Shine √ done
- Start Aqua Table Topper for the monthly Table Topper challenge √ done
- Start “Orange you Glad” project! √ done
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! √ done
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ done
This week’s list:
- Complete Island Batik’s November project
- Complete 2nd Project from Scrappy Improv
- Prepare more fabric for Island Batik’s December project
- Write the directions for the guild’s Fall Mystery quilt
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Table Scraps @ So Scrappy
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- 15 minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- Frédérique @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
- DrEMi @ Musings of a Menopausal Melon
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- To-Do Tuesday @ Chris Knits
- Cheryl @ Meadow Mist Designs