This was a super fun class to teach. All of the participants were delightful ladies – which made it even more fun.
Here is Joan’s finished project “Prismatic.” Look at her beautiful quilting!
And here is Sue’s Prismatic. Again some awesome quilting with a totally different approach!
And Judy’s Prismatic – with totally different quilting! I LOVE the variety of the mini quilts and the quilting! And Judy added a flange binding! super cool!
Here are Robin’s.
The first is the ornament in reds and greens. I like the simple straight line quilting! It really makes the ornaments pop!
The 2nd is Prismatic in blues purples and teals … again, the simple straight line quilting lets the design show through!
Cathy has completed 3, yes THREE, tops! Go Cathy Go! It was fun to watch her put this one together as she used different fabrics for the background. Who knew that the backside of a blue grunge would be the perfect dark grey?
And these 2 are so sweet!
And here is my Prismatic. I had a bunch of orphan log cabin blocks that I joined together and then cut as directed. I cut a lot more than indicated in the pattern … then joined them in the rows. My intent was not to make a quilt this big … it’s 45″ x 60″, but that’s how big it turned out to be.
It uses Island Batik fabric and Hobbs 80/20 batting. The backing is a lovely light blue flannel.
#1 Scrappy Improv Quilting …
Absolutely NO change from the last month! None at all! However, I’ve been questioning why I’m hesitating at getting this one done and I think I figured it out. That purple balloon is too small and I thought I’d just adjust all the measurements and make a smaller one – but I don’t feel like doing that. So, I will do something else for the purple balloon … make it bigger somehow … I haven’t gotten that far in my thinking yet!
#1 The last Secret Island Batik project is being quilted – and should be finished within a couple of days!
The back of my Prismatic quilt used 1.5 yards of flannel from my stash.
- Fabric Used this week 1.5 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 101.75 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 50. 75 yards (my husbands amounts as well)
- Net Fabric used 51 yards
- Husband’s purchases: 0 yards (which are added into my total amount of Fabric added this year). For those of you who don’t know … my husband often buys more fabric than I do … so, I’m keeping track! Unfortunately, he doesn’t sew!
- January – October – 292/ 303
- Nov – 28 / 28
- Total: 320 / 331
- Percentage = 96 %
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
Linda from Texas Quilt Gal is now hosting “To Do” every week. You can check out her blog HERE.
The To Do list from 2 last week:
- Finish Quilting Island Batik Secret #4 In progress
- Finish Tree Skirt √ DONE
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! Got inspired to make a tree skirt √ DONE
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ DONE
This week’s list:
- Finish Quilting Island Batik Secret #4
- Work on December’s Island Batik project.
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
I had 2 DrEAMis this month … I posted about them HERE
Favourite Quilt in November
I’m waffling between 2 quilts. Both of them were “Storm at Sea” quilts that I made for November’s Island Batik blog hop. You can read about them HERE.
I made a mug rug for the “No Ring” blog hop … so it’s also my Table topper for November. There was no specific colour for this month … so this fits perfectly!
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Tish @ Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland
- So Scrappy @ Scrap Happy
- Table Scraps @ Joyful Quilter
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- 15 minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- Frédérique @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
- DrEAMi @ MMM Quilts
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- To-Do Tuesday @ Texas Quilt Gal
- Cheryl @ Meadow Mist Designs