OK … I’ve been busy … it’s OK to not have a finish to write about today … really it is …
Yesterday & today, I was helping a friend with her booth “The Steamtrunk.” It’s work, but it’s fun. I get to visit with my friend while we set up, and then, when the customers come, I get to see a lot of people that I haven’t seen for awhile. Yes, it’s fun! I didn’t have time to take a picture of the booth today – these pictures are from a year ago.
Is webbed together! I had the blocks all organized in my weird “scrap” organization way … I had all but one column of Ohio stars and one of red triangles and blue string blocks left to do and I realized that I didn’t have enough of the red triangle blocks. In fact, I was 17 short. Oh GROAN! Oh groan! … SEW … my rationalization kicked in. Here’s my thinking:
- I don’t want all 17 of those blocks in the final section to be almost identical.
- I don’t want to take out any of the webbing.
- I’m running out of black and I’m not going to buy fabric – no way!!!
So my conclusion is: finish the quilt just like the pattern says. Make it bigger by adding borders … Yes, I do have 4 black and 4 white Ohio stars left and some of the blue string blocks … but I can do a few things with them. I can make a table runner, make a tote bag, make a few zipper bags or put them on the “free” table at the guild.
Of course, at this point in time, I don’t really have a plan … but if I do something with them – you’ll find out in a future blog post.
To see what other’s in the quilting world are working on – click on the following links:
- Can I get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
- Amanda Jean @ Crazy Mom Quilts
- Finished or Not Friday @ Busy Hands Quilts
- Sherry @ Powered by Quilting