When you live here … on the west coast of British Columbia … you know that snow is a rare occurrence. The grass has turned white, the trees are outlined and the roads are big slushy messes. Time to stay home! The snow will be gone soon … either this evening or tomorrow.
If you look closely at the picture, you can see a red rose that was attempting to hang in until Christmas. My hubby thought I had photoshopped the picture to make it black and white with the red … but nope … it’s just a picture from my phone.
My Memory …
Last month, when I posted my Island Batik blog hop quilt using “Ohana” fabric collection, I offered a draw for some of the fabric. I had totally forgotten about the draw until today when I was attempting to clean out my email stuff. I have sent an email to “Delaine” and as soon as I hear back from her … the fabric will be in the mail.
My last UFO for 2020
And a close-up of the quilting, each block has a different motif (except for the 4 patches which all have the orange peel thingy):
I can’t show you a thing! I’m piecing 3 things …
- One of the Holiday Seclusion mystery quilts for the mystery that’s happening on December 26-31.
- My Stay at Home Round Robin
- A mystery quilt that I’m hosting for the quilt guild.
Holiday Seclusion Mystery #1: Sandwiched and waiting to be quilted
Scrappy 4 patches is finished … It used up 6 yards of fabric …
- Fabric Used this week 6 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 298.5 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 66.5 yards (my husbands amounts as well)
- Net Fabric used 232 yards
- Husband’s purchases: 17 yards (which are added into my total amount of Fabric added this year). For those of you who don’t know … my husband often buys more fabric than I do … so, I’m keeping track! Unfortunately, he doesn’t sew!
I’m aiming for at least 30 minutes a day.
- January – Nov: 320 / 334
- 30 min days/ Dec: 20 / 20
- Total days in 2020: 340 / 354
- Percentage = 96 %
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
I’m linking up to Roseanne & Sue’s “TO DO” Tuesday. Their blog is “Home Sewn by Us.”
Last week’s list:
- Finish SECRET project (SAHRR) top NOT done
- Finish on Holiday Seclusion Mystery (Dec 26-31) NOT done
- Make a Christmas gift √ done
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ done
This week’s list:
- Get Holiday Seclusion Mystery #2 to flimsy stage
- Get Stay at Home Round Robin to flimsy stage
- Work on guild Mystery Quilt
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
I have successfully finished my PHD in 2020. If you look at the starts … I am unable to complete the Moorewood Mystery or the Connected Project. The directions for completing the projects have not arrived. The other projects were started in December and will likely not get done by the end of the month … they will carry over as UFOs in 2021.
I posted yesterday about all of the events that are happening on my blog in the near future. See that post HERE.
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Tish @ Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- 15 minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- Frédérique @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- To-Do Tuesday @ Home Sewn By Us
- Colour Inspiration Tuesday @ Clever Chameleon Quilting