There are no Mistakes in Art
A friend obviously has heard me over and over and over !!! She brought me this unique pin from Australia. Isn’t it neat when friends know you so well!
Kate, from Life in Pieces, is hosting “Stitching Stuff” and the goal is to sew for at least 15 minutes a day. I use Kate’s guideline, but my personal goal is to sew for 30 minutes a day. On those “blah” days, it does motivate me to sit at my machine and 30 minutes often turns into several hours. Thank you Kate for the motivation!
- January – July: 178 / 211
- August: 7 / 7
- Total: 185 / 218
- Percentage = 84%
Donna at Quilt Paint Create hosts a weekly linky party where you can display your stash numbers. This has really kept my stash from growing (somewhat!) Before I buy anything, I am always mindful of the fact that I need to report it on my blog … That sometimes stops me in my tracks!
Nothing finished this week, nothing bought – so no changes to my stash!
- Fabric Used since the last report 9.5 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 62 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 14 yards
- Net Fabric used 48 yards
Linda from Texas Quilt Gal is hosting “To Do” every week.
The To Do list from last week:
- Start piecing Island Batik’s September project √ DONE
- Quilt: 3 Yard Quilt not done
- Work on project for “See Ya Later” Blog Hop √ DONE
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder! √ DONE
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ DONE
This week’s list:
- Sandwich Island Batik’s September project
- Quilt: 3 Yard Quilt
- Work on project for “See Ya Later” Blog Hop
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
Donna, at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts, host a linky party for “What’s on your Design Wall” every week.
- “See Ya Later” Blog Hop: I’ll be using this beautiful fabric that was a gift from a friend who recently visited Australia. (the same friend that gave me the pin at the top of the post). The idea of the “See Ya Later” blog hop is to have something to do with travelling. You will have to wait until August 23 to see what I’m making!
- 3 Yard Quilt. needs to be quilted. And, since I have a plan for the quilting, it doesn’t have to languish waiting for me to decide on how to quilt it! I just need to start quilting it!
Upcoming Blog Hops
- See Ya Later, Alligator is hosted by Creatin’ in the Sticks
- Get on board with sewing is hosted by Melva Loves Scraps
- Queen of Gadgets is hosted by Just let me Quilt
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- So Scrappy @ Scrap Happy
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- Frédérique @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
- Sew and Tell @ Melva Loves Scraps
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- Monday This and That @ Days Filled With Joy
- To-Do Tuesday @ Texas Quilt Gal