The Mystery Quilt is almost done!!!
This is a super simple mystery quilt! It is my own design. I designed it for the Boundary Bay Quilt Guild, but I’be been sharing it with YOU as well!
This quilt will finish at 43″ x 53″
There are 8 clues. They will all come out on Tuesdays, starting October 18.
- Oct 18: Clue #1: Fabric Requirements and Cutting HERE
- Oct 25: Clue #2: HERE
- Nov 1: Clue #3 HERE
- Nov 8: Clue #4 HERE
- Nov 15: Clue #5 This Post
- Nov 22: Clue #6 HERE
- Nov 29: Clue #7 this post
- Dec 6: Clue #8. – will come out on Tuesday!
- Dec 13: Mystery Quilt Parade
I’m on a bit of a mission to use up left-over bits and pieces from quilts I’ve made. You know – the extra blocks that I made “just in case” or because I miscounted.
The items below are the things made from the fabric left-over from the “Citified” quilt that I made: The little zippy pouch and a placemat. The placemat will go to the guild for “Meals on Wheels” Christmas.
There might be one or 2 (2.5″) squares left that have gone into the Island Batik scrap bucket.
Last week’s class
I taught the “Winter Branches” Table runner at Essem last week. I think it was a great class! Everyone had their table runner top completed and some had even started quilting by the end of the class!!
Anne finished her’s and sent me a picture later that evening!!!
Here’s mine: In progress: I used Island Batik “Custard” for the background and “Grapes-Beaujolais” from the Napa Valley collection.
Kate, from Life in Pieces, is hosting “Stitching Stuff” and the goal is to sew for at least 15 minutes a day. I use Kate’s guideline, but my personal goal is to sew for 30 minutes a day. On those “blah” days, it does motivate me to sit at my machine and 30 minutes often turns into several hours. Thank you Kate for the motivation!
Lots of stitching in the past week!
- January – November: 288 / 333
- Dec: 4 / 4
- Total: 292 / 337
- Percentage = 86%
Donna at Quilt Paint Create hosts a weekly linky party where you can display your stash numbers. This has really kept my stash from growing (somewhat!) Before I buy anything, I am always mindful of the fact that I need to report it on my blog … That sometimes stops me in my tracks!
No shopping … the placemat to the right used 1/2 yard of fabric.
- Fabric Used since the last report 0.5 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 90.5 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 29.5 yards
- Net Fabric used: 61 yards
Linda from Texas Quilt Gal is hosting “To Do” every week.
The To Do list from last week:
- Work on and Finish a UFO (a wallet) Not done
- Work on Melodic Mystery Quilt – and fix all the mistakes! Dec. √ DONE, mistake fixes in progress
- Finish Clue #1 Chilhowie √ DONE
- Quilt Spicy BOM. √ DONE
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder! √ DONE
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ DONE
This week’s list:
- Finish my Winter Branches Table runner
- Work on and Finish a UFO (a wallet)
- Work on Melodic Mystery Quilt finish fixing all the mistakes!
- Finish Clue #2 Chilhowie
- Write blog post : Spicy BOM
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
Donna, at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts, hosts a linky party for “What’s on your Design Wall” every week.
- Melodic Mystery Quilt: December clue is done … but I haven’t finished fixed my previous mistakes. The pattern is from Meadow Mist Designs.
- Chilhowie – Clue #2 in progress
Once it’s sandwiched, I’ll quilt the Winter Branches table runner.
Once I do some colouring with Inktense pencils, I’ll start quilting the Nutcracker. Here he is on my window for tracing.
Upcoming Blog Hops
Island Batik‘s December’s Lone Star Blog Hop. – It starts tomorrow!!!! And Maryellen and I start it off!
Creatin’ in the Sticks: Sew It – Show It: Shades of Blue (January)
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- So Scrappy @ Scrap Happy
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- Frédérique @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
- 15 Minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- Sew and Tell @ Melva Loves Scraps
- Monday Musingg @ Songbird Designs
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- Monday This and That @ Days Filled With Joy
- To-Do Tuesday @ Texas Quilt Gal