Starts tomorrow!!! Be sure to come back and see all the wonders that are happening!!! If you need some incentive to join in the fun, we have a lot of wonderful sponsors!!! and you could win some fantastic quilting goodies!
Kate, from Life in Pieces, is hosting “Stitching Stuff” and the goal is to sew for at least 15 minutes a day. I use Kate’s guideline, but my personal goal is to sew for 30 minutes a day. On those “blah” days, it does motivate me to sit at my machine and 30 minutes often turns into several hours. Thank you Kate for the motivation!
- January: 15 / 15
- Percentage: 100%
Donna at Quilt Paint Create hosts a weekly linky party where you can display your stash numbers. This has really kept my stash from growing (somewhat!) Before I buy anything, I am always mindful of the fact that I need to report it on my blog … That sometimes stops me in my tracks!
In 2023, I haven’t finished any projects, so haven’t used any fabric, but I haven’t bought any either!
- Fabric Used this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Used in 2023: 0 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 0 yards
- Net Fabric used: 0 yards
Just an FYI: I do not count any fabric that is given to me (Island Batik), but this year, I am going to count it as fabric used.
To Do Tuesday
Carol from Quilt Schmilt is now hosting “To Do” every week.
The To Do list from a last week:
- Start Clue #7 Chilhowie. √ DONE
- Classic Cars Colour Challenge BOM – July / Aug √ DONE
- Start colouring Nutcracker. √ DONE
- Work on Naturescape Lone Star. √ DONE
- Start Island Batik February project
- Pack for retreat! √ DONE
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ DONE
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder! √ DONE
This week’s list:
- Finish the sashing and borders fClue #7 Chilhowie
- Classic Cars Colour Challenge BOM – Sept / Oct
- More Nutcracker colouring.
- Sandwich Naturescape Lone Star.
- Work on Shades of Blue Blog Hop project
- Continue working on Island Batik February project
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
Judy, at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts, hosts a linky party for “What’s on your Design Wall” every week. Piecing:
- Classic Cars Colour Challenge BOM
- Chilhowie – Clue #7, sashing and borders picture shows most of the sashing blocks ready to sew …
- Island Batik February project – isn’t the fabric beautiful?
- Shades of Blue Blog Hop project
Nothing … I need to colour the Nutcracker before I can start quilting!
Naturescape Lone Star is ready for sandwiching …
Maybe I’ll get Chilhowie to the flimsy stage!
The Quilt More just needs to be trimmed and bound.
The bird panels are ready for sandwiching.
Upcoming Blog Hops
Creatin’ in the Sticks: Sew It – Show It: Shades of Blue (January) My day is January 26!
Moose Stash Quilting: Sew It – Show It: Sweet on You (February)
Island Batik: February Blog Hop!
Just Let Me Quilt: Little Green Apples (March)
Plans for 2023
There are a few things I’m planning for 2023. More details in the coming weeks.
- PHD in 2023 – come and join us! It’s a great way to decrease your UFOs!
- 2023 SAHRR – starts January 16!!! TOMORROW!! And we have some fantastic sponsors!
- 2023 Appliqué BOM (I bet this surprises a LOT of people!) – This will start later in January … I’m still working out the details!
- Winter 2023 Mystery Quilt – probably start in February or early March
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- So Scrappy @ Scrap Happy
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- Frédérique @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
- 15 Minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- Sew and Tell @ Melva Loves Scraps
- Monday Musings @ Songbird Designs
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- Monday This and That @ Days Filled With Joy
- To-Do Tuesday @ Quilt Schmilt