This year, I participated in the Spicy Block of the Month, hosted by Patterns by Jen.
I used scraps of Island Batik fabrics to make the blocks.
Each month, Jen provides free directions for a 6″ and a 12″ block. When the month is over, you need to purchase the block for a minimal price.
Here is my December block: And yes, I goofed up and had to make adjustments, so it’s not exactly like Jen’s directions …
Here are the blocks in order …
And here is my finished quilt … I used Island Batik’s solid black for the sashing, 2 1/2″ squares of fabric left-over from the blocks for the corner stones.
And … with the quilt being a bit busy, I used wild quilting and thoroughly enjoyed quilting it!
2023 Colour Challenge
The 2023 Monthly Colour Challenge will be based on Classic Cars! Will you join me with the different monthly blocks? Make sure you follow Patterns by Jen and myself so you don’t miss a month! Jen will be posting the new blocks at the beginning of the month – me? I’ll be posting later in the month except for December, when I will post on the 1st!
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Midweek Makers @ QuiltFabrication
- Wednesday Wait Loss @ Inquiring Quilter
- TGIFF @ Kathleen McMusing
- Happy Needle and Thread @ My Quilt Infatuation
- Andrée / Free Motion Mavericks @ Quilting & Learning – What a combo!
- Put your Foot Down @ For the Love of Geese @ True Blue Quilts
- Can I get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
- Finished or Not Friday @ Alycia Quilts
- Sherry @ Powered by Quilting
- Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty
- Off the Wall Friday @ Creations – Quilts, Art, Whatever
- Peacock Party @ Wendy’s Quilts and More