A Friday Finish – YEAH!!!

Shakespeare in the Park

I am very excited to be finished my “Shakespeare in the Park“!  It’s a pattern by Judy Martin in her book “The Creative Pattern Book.”  This pattern was frustrating.  I found the directions often did not make sense to me.  And, of course, I made it bigger, so then I had to figure out how many extra blocks to make. Adding the extra border was easy to do! In the end, I’m glad I persevered.  I did a scrappy binding. My husband was not too sure about it, but when it was finished, he said that it was the perfect binding!  🙂  I love this quilt – now that it is finished!

IMG_0819

Pink Snail’s Trail

A flimsy is completed.  Ready for sandwiching and quilting. A few posts ago, I showed 2 lay-outs for a snail’s trail (or monkey wrench) quilt.  Most everyone commented that I should do this layout and I’m glad I did!  I think it will be fun to quilt this one!

IMG_0827

Now that I’ve posted the picture, I realize that I still need to add a border.

Link-ups

To see what others in the quilty world are working on wander over to these blogs:

Happy Quilting
Gail

Friday: I have a sandwich!

Shakespeare in the Park  

Is now sandwiched!  It is HUGE! I couldn’t get a full picture of it on my living room floor. img_0486

I find that when I use Hobbs 80/20,  the spray basting doesn’t stick as well as when I use Warm and Natural.  And the backing will sometimes shift. So once this was spray basted (with 505) I pinned it.  I know I will be cursing all the pins when I go to quilt it, but at least it will not shift.

My machine is packed up – ready for a “Zendoodling” class tomorrow, so I won’t start quilting this until Sunday at the earliest.

Here’s a Helpful Hint:  If you look on the lower right corner of the picture, you will see that the corner is pinned to the front.  This seems to help prevent the extra backing from folding under and being sewn onto the back.

To see what others in the quilty world are working on wander over to these blogs:

Happy Quilting
Gail

Monday’s Design Wall – Jan. 30

img_0422

Shakespeare in the Park:

There is nothing more to show on my design wall … the snail tail blocks are done & the star blocks are in various stages.  Only one star block is completed.

 

Orca Bay:

Still working on 3 ½” blue string blocks.  Again, I have found that sewing string blocks is not my favourite thing.  Yes, it may use up a bunch of strings … but you can be sure that I’ll be making the red string blocks out of yardage.  (I’ll post a pic when I have my sting yardage made).

En Provence:

Is competed … as soon as there is nice weather, I’ll post a picture.

To see what others in the quilty world are working on wander over to these blogs:

Happy Quilting

Gail

Monday’s Design Wall

Well, since the retreat, I have been working on a little of this and a little of that.

I am still quilting En Provence.  Quilting about a bobbin’s worth each day.  Hopefully, it will be done by next week.

img_0422

The flying geese got figured out … YEAH!!!  and today, I will be working on the star blocks of “Shakespeare in the Park.”   It’s a pattern by Judy Martin and I’m finding it difficult to figure out how to make it bigger.

To see what others in the quilty world are working on wander over to these blogs:

Happy Quilting

Gail