In my last blog post (click here) I showed a picture of a top that needed to be fixed. Sometimes I can leave mistakes and call them ‘design enhancements’ but not this time. I knew it would bug me forever – so fix it I did. Personally, I think it looks way better and it’s the way it’s suppose to be.
Two table runners done!
Sorry, I can’t show you the front side. One is for the “Fall Table Runner” exchange at the retreat and the other is one that I may keep or give away (not decided yet!). And, since I haven’t decided which one will be for the exchange – you can’t see either of them. I will show a picture of them after the exchange is completed.
Getting ready for an 8 day retreat
Yes, you read that correctly! 8 days! It’s at a place on Camano Island called “Over the Rainbow Lodge” It’s a beautiful location with lots of room. We have to do our own cooking, but that task gets shared amongst us, so it makes for a fun time.
I know that I am taking way way more than I will finish, but I’d hate to not be prepared. And I wouldn’t want to HAVE to buy fabric for another project!
Here’s my list (so far)
- Love Letters: Quilt & Bind: It’s a UFO from 2012! Time to get it finished, don’t ya think?
- Labyrinth Quilt: the top is sandwiched, but I need to buy some backing … finish the sandwiching and perhaps get it quilted! ?? maybe ???
- Necessary Clutch – made with cork. One of the gals at the retreat has made it before, so I’ll have help close at hand!
- Irish Chain- with Kansas Troubles. A friend gifted me the fabric, knowing that I LOVE the warmth and cosiness of the line of fabric. I started this in the fall, but momentum died. I have no illusions about getting it sandwiched and quilted, but I’ll be happy if it’s a completed flimsy when I get home.
- Charming Bag. A friend convinced me to buy the charm pack in January and in February, she showed me her completed bag … so I’m challenged to get ‘er done!
- And one more UFO – who knows which one I’ll put in?
To see what others in the quilty world are working on wander over to these blogs:
- Can I get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
- Amanda Jean @ Crazy Mom Quilts
- Finished or Not @ Busy Hands Quilts