I was nominated for the Liebster Award, 2017 by Kathleen who blogs here.
If you take a wander through Kathleen’s blog, you will find many interesting things. She did a maple-leaf QAL that is absolutely gorgeous! There is a neat trick to hemming long seams (using a manila folder) Believe it or not, her first quilt was made totally by hand and took her 15 years to complete. She has come a long way in her quilting skills!
You can find the official rules of the Liebster Award Here. If you read through the rules, you’ll find that I did not follow them to the letter. It was difficult to find other quilting bloggers that have less than 200 followers. And I wanted to pass on the award to someone who’s blog I enjoy!
One of the official rules for this blog is to answer some questions. Here goes:
- What is my favourite blog? Quiltville’s Quips and Snips … you can find it HERE. This is Bonnie Hunter’s blog. The queen of scrappy quilts! I love her mystery quilts that she offers every fall. I have been following her blog for almost a decade. She certainly is an encouragement to scrappy quilters around the world.
- If you could meet one Quilt Personality, who would it be? Well, I have already met Bonnie Hunter and was enthralled to take a workshop with her. Next on my list would likely be Eleanor Burns. Her sense of humour is an absolute riot!
- What is my preference when quilting? It varies. I love sewing with my quilting buddies! I love silence! and I love listening to audio books.
- Do I have a favourite snack while quilting? Nope … don’t want to get food on my quilts.
- Do I look for quilts while watching a movie? Of course!
- What comes first when you make a quilt: buying stash then look for a pattern or buy the pattern first and then the fabric? I have enough stash to last for years and years – most of my patterns are either self-designed or in a Bonnie Hunter book or free on the internet …
- What is your favorite quilt/sewn project/craft? My favourite quilt is usually the one I’m currently sewing on. My current favourite is on my last blog post. (Click HERE).
- Hand Quilt or Machine Quilt? When I first started quilting (in the 80’s) I hand quilted. When I re-started quilting in 2005, I started machine quilting. Most of my machine quilting is done on my Janome 8900.
- Favorite Color? Blue!
- Favorite Quilting/Crafting Item? My feather weight sewing machine! It (or an antique hand crank) travels with me and I do most of my piecing on them.
- Do you work on one project or many? This is a silly question … will all of my UFO’s isn’t it obvious that I work on many projects at the same time?
3 thoughts on “My first blog award!!!”
Congrats to you and your nomination! How exciting and a nice way to share some insights about yourself. ~smile~ Roseanne
Thanks for accepting the nomination and posting! Its so much fun to learn more about blogging friends.
So fun to learn a bit more about you! Thanks for posting!
Comments are closed.