I have finished the next quilt for a wedding gift. The fabric had been sitting for quite a while and the pattern did not “wow” me. When I saw this pattern, I knew immediately that it was the pattern to use for these fabrics!
Here’s a close up of some of the quilting. And yes, there were a LOT of ends to cut off. For the most part, I used my walking foot and a special anchor stitch on my machine at the beginning and ending of each straight section. That way I didn’t have to bury any of the threads, just had to cut all the ends off. Then I FMQ the swirls in all the background areas.
The pdf for the sewing mat tutorial is now smaller and won’t take as long to download. You can find it HERE.
To see what others in the quilty world are working on wander over to these blogs:
- Can I get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
- Amanda Jean @ Crazy Mom Quilts
- Finished or Not @ Busy Hands Quilts
- Let’s Bee Social @ Sew Fresh Quilts
- Happy Needle and Thread @ My Quilt Infatuation