I’m home from the retreat! What a great time I had with some very amazing quilting friends!
I did manage to get this quilt totally quilted and bound. It’s big, it’s heavy and I won’t be taking a pic of the full quilt until it’s washed and hanging on the line. I spent most of the whole retreat quilting this. The backing turned out to be a brushed cotton / flannel and it was a challenge to manipulate it through the machine.
I did some piecing on these blocks … Lesson learned from the retreat … take smaller and more manageable projects to work on!
I will be posting pictures from the retreat in my next blog post(s).
PHD in 2018 – April Update
Here are the other 2 completed UFOs for April
Visit these blogs to find out their April PHD Update
- Roseanne, from “Home Sewn by US” Update – click HERE
- Ann, from “Laughing Gas Quilts”
- Cousin Terry from “Quilting a Legacy“
- Deena from “Dreamworthy Quilts“
- Elizabeth, from “Appliqué and …“
- Emily from “The Darling Dogwood”
- Kate, from “Life in Pieces”
Some of the gals at the retreat are faithful blog followers. One teased me about my stash report. Endlessly! Oh yes, endlessly! Yup … she kept reminding me that I’d have to report what I bought. She threatened to measure my fabric purchases to ensure I was being honest (BIG GRIN). On the first day, I didn’t go up to the shop. On the 2nd day, I went to the shop and came home with nothing, not even a 2″ scrap of fabric. On the 3rd day … well, you can see the picture on the left.
The dark blue is backing for the Fractured Paint Box I was slowly piecing. The giraffe fabric … well, it was love at first sight! and then of course, the coordinating fabric as well! I did buy 2 other fabrics not shown: one for a secret project and the other was binding on my Orca Bay. The total: 11 yards.
Orca Bay used 15 yards for the top … 5 yards for the back … oh my – no wonder it’s HEAVY!
Fabric Used this Week: 20 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 149.6 yards
Fabric Added this Week: 11 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 27 yards
Net Fabric used for 2017: 122.6 yards
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- Peaceful Sunday @ Janda Bend Quilts or Linky Party
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- Moving it Forward Monday @ Em’s Scrapbag
- Main Crush Monday @ Cooking up Quilts
- Linky Tuesday @ Free Motion by the River
- Let’s Be Social @ Sew Fresh Quilts
- WIPs on Wednesday @ Esther Quilt Blog
- Midweek Makers @ QuiltFabrication