When I was in Newfoundland in the spring, my sister-in-law wanted to know how to make a travelling jewelry bag. I had made one for her about 30 years ago. Her daughters were always borrowing it and she thought it would be good if they each had their own.
We went to Walmart and picked up a few packages of fat quarters. I must admit, I was pleasantly surprised by how nice the fabric was! My sister-in-law made 2 bags and I made one. It was a lot of fun to make them and they’re not very hard.
I took pictures as we went along and have now written the tutorial. Click on the link for the Tutorial. Jewelry Bag Tutorial.
I’ve been slowly working on a surprise quilt that I can’t show until after it’s gifted. It’s a bit out of my comfort zone. In other words, it’s more of a modern quilt … but I’m loving it! I will definitely take pictures before it’s gifted. And, to top things off, I used my digitizing software to make the label. Nothing too fancy, but I was able to choose from a zillion fonts instead of the 2 that came with my machine!
Check out what others in the quilting world are doing.
- WIPs on Wednesday @ Esther’s Quilt Blog
- Let’s Bee Social @ Sew Fresh Quilts
- Midweek Makers @ QuiltFabrication
- Happy Needle and Thread @ My Quilt Infatuation
- Can I get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
- Finished or Not Friday @ Busy Hands Quilts
- Sherry @ Powered by Quilting
- Tish @ Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland