Thank Goodness Its Finished Friday … is a linky party. If you have a finish this week, feel free to join in the fun and share what you’ve been working on. (Scroll down for the linky party)
My Different Finish!
I’ve been thinking that I need to sew up some of my garment fabric. Yes, I do have some. There was a time, YEARS ago that I used to make all my own clothes – including blue jeans. But, other than some pjs, I haven’t sewn any clothes. I have a beautiful piece of Island Batik rayon that I received in my first box. BUT … I didn’t want to risk cutting it up and sewing a garment if the pattern wasn’t going to fit.
I dug out my patterns and found a t-shirt type top that I had made years ago – like 20 years ago. (And 20 pounds ago!). I measured the pieces against a top that currently fits and thought I’d try it. I had some blue rayon fabric that I got – who knows when or where … and started cutting.
I found my box of interfacing and ironed it on … I had the perfect matching Aurifil thread … my serger was ready to go … and viola! My top was finished.
My husband took the picture and I couldn’t help laughing because he was saying “Gail-le-locks and the 3 bears” …
I will be sewing up my gorgeous Island Batik fabric in the near future!
The bears came from Mystic Woods Chainsaw Sculptures in Florence, Oregon. The link will take you to the FaceBook page.
Link up your finished project – or the one in progress!
I was featured!
My Japanese Star quilt was featured on Quilting and Learning- What a combo!
You can read all about it HERE.
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Midweek Makers @ QuiltFabrication
- Wednesday Wait Loss @ Inquiring Quilter
- Happy Needle and Thread @ My Quilt Infatuation
- Andrée / Free Motion Mavericks @ Quilting & Learning – What a combo!
- Put your Foot Down @ For the Love of Geese
- My Bijou Life @ Creative Compulsions
- Can I get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
- Finished or Not Friday @ Alycia Quilts
- Sherry @ Powered by Quilting
- Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty
- Off the Wall Friday @ Creations – Quilts, Art, Whatever
- Peacock Party @ Wendy’s Quilts and More