This was a pretty cool project.
It was designed by Berene Campbell: If you wish, you can contact her at patterndesigner@Happy Sew Lucky
A couple of quilting masters organized it. We were divided into groups of 8 people. We each decided on a colour that we wanted our block to be. I chose blue (well, of course!) Then the 8 of us were emailed a piece of the puzzle to make in the desired colours of what everyone had chosen. Including the colour we had chosen.
Here’s a picture of my 8 blocks:
And then they were mailed to my group mates!
I received 7 envelopes with explicit instructions to NOT open them until I was told to. On Saturday, we had a Zoom meeting and opened our envelopes. It was fun to open the envelopes and see the “pieces” and the lovely notes that everyone had included. In my haste to get my block sewn, I did not take a picture of the individual blocks. Here’s my finished block. The idea is that the green and yellow will connect to the person standing beside me. To see the finished work of the Vancouver Modern Guild click HERE. (no, I’m not in the video.)
This is an altered black and white photo of what I might or might not be working on.
I know, I know … it’s a terrible tease!
Island Batik, December: Is quilted and is awaiting it’s photo shoot.
Scrappy 4 patches: Is still waiting to be quilted.
Nothing finished. No shopping and nothing added.
- Fabric Used this week 0 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 292.5 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 61.5 yards (my husbands amounts as well)
- Net Fabric used 231 yards
- Husband’s purchases: 17 yards (which are added into my total amount of Fabric added this year). For those of you who don’t know … my husband often buys more fabric than I do … so, I’m keeping track! Unfortunately, he doesn’t sew!
I’m aiming for at least 30 minutes a day.
- January – Nov: 320 / 334
- 30 min days/ Dec: 6 / 6
- Total days in 2020: 326 / 340
- Percentage = 95 %
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
I’m linking up to Roseanne & Sue’s “TO DO” Tuesday. Their blog is “Home Sewn by Us.”
Last week’s list:
- Complete December IB project √ done
- Work on Mystery (Dec 26-31 not done
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ done
This week’s list:
- Work on SECRET project
- Work on Mystery (Dec 26-31)
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
I have ONE UFO to finish and I’ll have completed my PHD in 2020. YEAH!!!
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!