You know, it’s always a good sewing day when I get to sew with family and/or friends! These days, with no in person retreats or sew days, it’s great to have Zoom!
I was Zoom quilting with my sister and 2 cousins … it sure helped keep my on track. I’m working on the T-shirt quilt. It’s not an easy quilt to work on. I’m trying to fit things together … however, I have not sworn (OUT LOUD) and so, it can’t be all that bad. However, I did watch a youtube video of Angela Walters making a T-shirt quilt and thought that would have been a way easier way to make one … but alas … I did want to use ALL of the T-shirts I was given … and they all seem to fit in – sort-of! Even though they are backed with interfacing, there is still a lot more stretch than with quilting cotton!
Oh – and just in case you didn’t know, it’s for Echo Lake Bible camp that is situated between Vanderhoof and Fort St. James in the middle of British Columbia. Our kids went there as campers eons ago and a good friend of ours is the director.
So the pile of t-shirts became a zillion different shaped blocks.
Quilting has started on the Moorewood Mystery. Swirls and straight lines … nice and simple!
I did finish my 2 Island Batik March projects (you can read about them HERE) but since they totally use Island Batik fabrics, I didn’t count them as fabric used this week … So the numbers don’t change!
- Fabric Used this week 0 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 6.5 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 9 yards (my husbands amounts as well)
- Net Fabric used – 2.5 yards
- Husband’s purchases: 0 yards (which are added into my total amount of Fabric added this year). For those of you who don’t know … my husband often buys more fabric than I do … so, I’m keeping track! Unfortunately, he doesn’t sew!
I’m aiming for at least 30 minutes a day.
I have stitched for over 30 minutes each day
- January – February – 59 / 59
- March – 7 / 7
- Percentage = 100 %
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
Chris from ChrisKnits is hosting it “To Do” every week. You can check out her blog HERE.
- Complete final round of SAHRR √ done
- Finish March’s Island Batik challenge √ done
- Start quilting Moorewood Mystery √ done
- Cut all the t-shirts and iron on interfacing for the Echo Lake t-shirt quilt. √ done
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! √ done
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ done
This week’s list:
- Pick out a backing for SAHRR
- Finish quilting Moorewood Mystery
- Get the Echo Lake T-shirt top completed
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
There are actually 3 UFOs that are currently in progress! Does that mean they will be finished soon? I’d like to dream that they will be!
What’s coming up on the blog in March?
Salt and Sand Blog Hop … Just thinking of this blog hop makes me want to travel and visit someplace warm! But alas, I’ll be staying home for now. But, I’m positive when we get to travel, I will appreciate it much much more!
March 29 – SAHRR parade … there will be a linky party for all the SAHRR quilts
And … I need to think of my project for the Table Runner Scrap Challenge:
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Tish @ Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland
- So Scrappy @ Scrap Happy
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- 15 minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- Frédérique @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- To-Do Tuesday @ Chris Knits