How is it possible for it to be the last Monday of July? That means that the summer is half over! But if I want to have a glass half- full attitude – that means that we have at least a month more of summer!
Are you following along with the Summer Mystery Quilt? You can see the latest clue HERE.
#1. Country Panels: No work on it this week! Are you tired of hearing that there is no progress on this 2nd quilt using panels?
#2 It’s another secret … I’m working on my September Island Batik project!!! Woohoo!!! I’m using these fabrics: Aren’t they absolutely great?
Nothing at the moment!
I FINALLY finished this quilt this week. There was a LOT of unstitching and I must admit, a few silent words that are not nice!!! But it was a quick finish once I had all the unstitching done. And it was a HUGE eye-opener to me to change my needle more often!
You can read more about this quilt HERE.
- Fabric Used this week 9.5 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 79.5 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 27.75 yards (my husbands amounts as well)
- Net Fabric used 51.75 yards
- Husband’s purchases: 0 yards (which are added into my total amount of Fabric added this year). For those of you who don’t know … my husband often buys more fabric than I do … so, I’m keeping track! Unfortunately, he doesn’t sew!
I’m aiming for at least 30 minutes a day. Many days there are more than a few hours spent in my studio. And contrary to a popular rumour, I do not quilt 24/7! (grin)
- January – May– 180 / 180
- July – 25 / 25
- Percentage = 99 %
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
Chris from ChrisKnits is hosting “To Do” every week. You can check out her blog HERE.
This week it was hard to get everything done. Like most people, I highly dislike unsewing. OK … if I’m honest, I HATE it!!! Its taken me ages to get all the horrid quilting out … and I’m not finished yet! GROAN!!!. I do have a personal policy of taking out the mistakes before quitting for the day … but more than a couple of days of unsewing is discouraging! It’s OK … it’s almost all done … and then I can start moving forward again!
- Add sashing to Country Panels: not done
- Start quilting IB August √ done & binding, too!
- Fix Amish Panel , finish quilting, bind √ done
- Finish Secret project (listed at KY book in my UFO tally) √ done
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! √ done
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ done
This week’s list:
- Put Country Panels on the back burner
- Finish IB September
- Blog posts: #1 Get Unboxing Video post completed #2 Get August IB post ready
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
By finishing the Amish Panel quilt, that brought my total of UFOs finished this year to 12! Yay!!! Now … to just make sure I finish everything I start and I’ll be well on my way to my PHD in 2021!
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Tish @ Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland
- So Scrappy @ Scrap Happy
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- 15 minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- Frédérique @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- To-Do Tuesday @ Chris Knits