Yes, I finished UFO #12 for 2021!
This seems like it was a difficult finish. First, I didn’t have the right red to go with the panel. That made is necessary to BUY fabric. I found some grunge and … it worked … and was perfect for enhancing this panel block!
Then I quilted it and was very pleased to be done … until I looked at the back … on the last 2 rows of swirls … GROAN … 2 and a half days later, the stitching was all removed.
I changed the needle and started re-doing the quilting … and I was checking every 12 inches or so … but it was fine! YAY!!! Doesn’t this look much better?? Perhaps this lesson taught me that I need to change the needle more often??
Yesterday, the binding went on … photo shoot happened and it is DONE!!! YAY!!!
I’m so pleased that it is done!!! Another UFO kicks the dust!!! This also means that I have completed the minimum number of UFOs to achieve my PHD in 2021. (HUGE GRIN!)
This quilt was made from 2 separate panels … one bought at St. Jacob’s in Ontario and other bought in Pennsylvania … probably a few years apart. The batting is Hobbs 80/20 and the quilting is done with Glide thread.
I was Featured
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Midweek Makers @ QuiltFabrication
- Wednesday Wait Loss @ Inquiring Quilter
- Happy Needle and Thread @ My Quilt Infatuation
- Andrée / Free Motion Mavericks @ Quilting & Learning – What a combo!
- Put your Foot Down @ For the Love of Geese
- Finished or Not Friday @ Alycia Quilts
- Sherry @ Powered by Quilting
- Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty
- Off the Wall Friday @ Creations – Quilts, Art, Whatever
- Peacock Party @ Wendy’s Quilts and More
- TGIFF @ Devoted Quilter