The Summer 2021 Mystery Quilt is Finished
Have you been following along with the Mystery Quilt? I know lots of people have and I can’t wait until the Linky Party on August 24 to see them all!
I have already seen one quilt in my email and one on Pinterest. Both are fantastic!
If you want to make it – it’s not too late. Go Here to find all the Clues.
Here is my quilt – and all of the fabrics were from my stash!
#1. I started cutting “Let Your Star Shine” and these are the fabrics I’m using. This is a pattern by Sandra Walker. It’s available on her Etsy shop HERE.
So, this is what I will be sewing this week.
#2 I hope to start my “Orange you Glad” blog hop project
#3 Aqua Table Topper also needs to be started!
Nothing at the moment!
Since I can finally show you the mystery quilt, I can add the fabrics used into my tally!
You can read more about this quilt HERE.
- Fabric Used this week 8.5 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 88 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 27.75 yards (my husbands amounts as well)
- Net Fabric used 59.25 yards
- Husband’s purchases: 0 yards (which are added into my total amount of Fabric added this year). For those of you who don’t know … my husband often buys more fabric than I do … so, I’m keeping track! Unfortunately, he doesn’t sew!
I’m aiming for at least 30 minutes a day. Many days there are more than a few hours spent in my studio. We were away this past weekend, so there was 2 days that I did not sew.
- January – July – 209/211
- August – 13 / 15
- Total: 222 / 226
- Percentage = 98 %
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
Chris from ChrisKnits is hosting “To Do” every week. You can check out her blog HERE.
2 weeks ago:
OK … so I had 2 weeks to accomplish my To Do list. I kept the list light because I want some more time to enjoy the summer! Consequently, it was easy to get it done. I’m keeping this week’s list light as well!
- Put Country Panels on the back burner √ done
- Finish IB September √ done
- Blog posts: #1 Get Unboxing Video post completed #2 Get August IB post ready √ done
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! √ done
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ done
This week’s list:
- Piece and Quilt Let Your Star Shine
- Start Aqua Table Topper for the monthly Table Topper challenge
- Start “Orange you Glad” project!
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
My UFOs are completed for my PHD in 2021, but I have 2 New Starts that need to be done, plus probably several more … some are Island Batik projects, some of squirrels that have yet to raise their heads and some are other monthly challenges. As you can see, I’ve added another column to the Starts in 2021!
Island Batik BLOG HOP Starts Tuesday!
Mania for Quilts Autumn Wings
Gail Sheppard Autumn Wings This is ME!!! You are already here!
Elizabeth @ Epida Studio
Preeti @ Sew Pretti Quilts
Emily @ The Darling Dogwood
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- So Scrappy @ Scrap Happy
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- 15 minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- Frédérique @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- To-Do Tuesday @ Chris Knits
- Colour Inspiration Tuesday @ Clever Chameleon Quilting