This is “Let Your Star Shine” a pattern by Sandra Walker of MMMQuilts. You can purchase the pattern HERE. (And see the pattern in different colour-ways).
Mine is mostly quilted … just the border to finish, trim and add the binding. I don’t have enough of any fabric, so the binding will be scrappy.
If you look closely at my quilt, you will see that I messed up the 2nd to outside border. I didn’t notice it until I was quilting that border. Too late to fix it! So, I’m considering it my own design change. I hope Sandra forgives me … the original is SEW much better!
This quilt was super easy to make!!! The directions are VERY WELL written. The mistake in the borders is totally mine! (Yup … going too fast and thinking I had everything correct! …)
This quilt is 36″ square, but I wanted it a little bigger, so I added the 3″ dark pink border … now it’s the perfect size for a baby quilt!
This quilt was made with my Island Batik stash … Hobbs Fusible batting and quilted with Glide “Cool Grey.”
Here is a picture of Sandra’s Quilt:
Sandra has a Quilt-a-Long every year. You can find directions for “Follow Your Own Path” HERE. This was the first year that I followed along and made this quilt. You can bet that I’ll be making more of Sandra’s quilts in the future! So clearly written, easy to follow with fantastic results!
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Midweek Makers @ QuiltFabrication
- Wednesday Wait Loss @ Inquiring Quilter
- Happy Needle and Thread @ My Quilt Infatuation
- Muv / Free Motion Mavericks @ Lizzie Lenard Vintage Sewing
- Put your Foot Down @ For the Love of Geese
- Can I get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
- Finished or Not Friday @ Alycia Quilts
- Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty
- Off the Wall Friday @ Creations – Quilts, Art, Whatever
- Peacock Party @ Wendy’s Quilts and More
- TGIFF @ Chris Knits